View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I've never heard the like of that before!

How utterly bizarre? You'd think they would be actively encouraging their puppy buyers to show if the dog has enough promise, not demanding them not to.

It does make you wonder what their motives are for stating this. I have to say it isn't unheard of for people to be funny about what competition they have in the ring, perhaps they think they are increasing their chances of winning by not allowing promising progency to be against them? (I'd be the opposite and be proud that someone wanted to show my dogs offspring!!!)

I'd ignore it as it sounds un-enforcable and go ahead with showing. I mean, what harm are you doing, enjoying a hobby for heavens sake.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

If you want to show him & there's nothing to stop you-go for it is my advice, there's nothing they can do to stop you. I would love to see what reason they could give a court for selling a puppy at full price & then trying to stop it being shown because they don't want it to be !!!
Regardless of the buyers accepting the contract as it was written? Your right they probably couldn’t stop it – but does not make it morally right to go against a contract you signed and accepted the terms.

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Not breeding and not showing are two completly different things and i'm suprised you cant see it.
As far as i'm concerned Ems mum should be able to show if she wants, if she bought it as a pet I can see why they wouldnt want it bred from which is completly different.
As they saying goes "you pay your money and you take your chance" the judges will decide whos right abou tht equality of the puppy.
With regards unenforced contracts, whilst your right I cant stop someone breeding I can stop the KC from registering the pups (I forgot to lift my own restrictions on one of my dogs and I can assure you the KC refused to register the litter and wrote to me).
Also lifotng restrictions is one of the few things you cant do online, you have to do it in writing.
Obviously I can see the difference between breeding and showing! But how can you advise someone to ignore one part of the contract but adhere to another?

As I said Rips is responsible and Im sure wouldn’t consider breeding anyway but there are those that will and having read some of the responses on here will think its fine to just chuck the contract away.

If someone wants to breed the dog then as you say they can – could they not then put restrictions on the pups saying that they are to be pets only and so will not register the pups?

I just don’t understand how people can advise someone to ignore the breeders wishes on one part, yet say its wrong on another part whether it be showing, breeding, selling on or moving abroad, or even returning the dog. Surely we should be encouraging people to adhere to what breeders, such as you, want for their pups and not saying stuff the contract and show them anyway?

If you had restrictions on one of your pups that you did not feel was a good enough example to show would you advise your owners to ignore that bit?

Surely if someone signs a contract having read it they have accepted the restrictions on it?

As has been said, it was stated they wanted this dog as a pet, not for showing and so the breeders sold them the dog in good faith that they were not going to show. Is not the onus on the buyers to be more clear with their intentions?

How would you feel if someone advised the buyers to sign the dog over to someone so that any and all of the restrictions were no longer enforceable anyway
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Because the breeding part is on the KC docs and the non showing part is on a peice of paper that was used as a sales receipt..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Dare ya
double dare ya....go on go on go on
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Because the breeding part is on the KC docs and the non showing part is on a peice of paper that was used as a sales receipt..
Exactly, its stupid rules like this that make my blood boil. i try to do the best I can for the my breed and that includes not allowing pet quality dogs to be bred from.
However when you buy a dog from me its yours to show, work do agility with whatever. As i stated if I sell a pet qiuality dog and the new owners want to waste there money showing it thats up to them (no reflectiopn on your pup by the way Em he's lovely x).
By the way she did contact the breeders and sent pictures and the original reason they said he wasnt to be shown no longer aplies so I really can't see what there problem is with a dog of there's going in the ring.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Exactly, its stupid rules like this that make my blood boil. i try to do the best I can for the my breed and that includes not allowing pet quality dogs to be bred from.
However when you buy a dog from me its yours to show, work do agility with whatever. As i stated if I sell a pet qiuality dog and the new owners want to waste there money showing it thats up to them (no reflectiopn on your pup by the way Em he's lovely x).
By the way she did contact the breeders and sent pictures and the original reason they said he wasnt to be shown no longer aplies so I really can't see what there problem is with a dog of there's going in the ring.
Not sure why you quoted me..

I was replying to Spot asking why we expect someone to obey one part but not the other..but one part is a contract and the other part is a sales receipt..

So the non breeding part is a contract which most decent people will stand by..but the sales receipt with a written "not to be shown" is just silly!

The thing is though.. at 8wks when you sell a pet quality dog it *could* turn out better than the one you keep..

I don't see people showing their dogs as a waste of money..people and dogs enjoy it...so its not waste of money....

Or do you mean they are wasting their money as they won't get placed? with their pet quality dog?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Regardless of the buyers accepting the contract as it was written? Your right they probably couldn’t stop it – but does not make it morally right to go against a contract you signed and accepted the terms.
There was no "contract"just a receipt & even so if there was a contract correctly drawn up it wouldn't stand up in a civil court(as many before haven't)

If the breeders had seriously not wanted the puppy to be shown at KC licensed events than they should have not registered the puppy & charged a lower amount.

As I have written elsewhere I do know the breeders & their actions do not surprise me.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I have contracts with my pup owners, as well as the KC papers, the dogs I bred that were pet quality, I had it written in my contract that they are pet quality and the owners were advised they are not for showing, included in my contract it is explained that the pups ASLO have restrictions on their KC registration papers, and that they are not to be bred from, I would like to think that the owners respect my contract as well as the KC registration restrictions in all areas. thankfully the reason they are pet quality is their coats are incorrect and it is a very noticeable fault, and they have now been neutered and/spayed. I think if a breeder has made the effort to have a contract put together, then we should not be advising anyone to break that contract(if a contract was made that is).

Mo
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I was quoting the part about the breeding exporting part been KC and the other just a sales receipt on a piece of paper, this new quoting thing gets me mad.
I was actually agreeing with you
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 07:57 PM
The only way you could stop someone from showing their dog is to withhold the registration papers.

There are no endorsements about showing. My friends dog had breeding restrictions but when he matured and turned into a good example the breeder lifted it.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »