View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Hi Laura that is why I will not speak to the press in person unless I have a dictaphone with me I like to have full documentation of any conversations with them. Blatent lies.
I have offred the Times Online a full transcript of the thread, I am still waiting for them to get back to me.
Pam
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Pam, Keep on at the Times. They don't like to be proved wrong and will usually accept proof that someone has lied. I knwo this for sure, as one of only 2 broadsheets with reputable law reports (that can be cited), they would be happy to have conclusive proof of what went on for sure.

Laura xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 11:55 AM
If it is the usual protest, like the ones held every year when the animal circus comes to town, you will have nothing more serious to deal with except some miss spelled placards and jeering. The police should step in if anything gets thrown.

But PETA always get me worried.. Those people are proper fruitloop! They will hurt, or kill the dogs to prove their point.

I would say, don't worry about the protesters at the door.. Most protestors will be well meaning do gooders that believed the TV show and think that if only you knew what they knew you would just give it all up... These can be safely ignored, at worst you'll get an egg from them... But these usually hide a couple of right nutters! I have had a few run ins with PETA when I helped with the hunt and I know the barbarity these crazies are capable of. (The hunt horses were stabled where I used to have riding lessons so I would help groom them before they went out and cool them and walk them when they got back).

Be wary of anyone coming anywhere near your dogs where they shouldn't be... Never leave your dogs unattended at anytime. I'm sure all the competitors will look out for one another... Don't let anyone feed them anything (PETA gave poisoned treats to the hunt hounds). If anyone you do not know does give your dog a treat, contact the onsite vets straight away, no one sensible or genuine would feed a strange dog.

But above all... Don't let them spoil your event. Stay sensible, stay safe, but have fun. Good luck everyone going....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 12:25 PM
take padlocks for cages, have someone looking after dogs at all time, beware of spray paint, or any other spray type thing being squirted at your dog,
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
take padlocks for cages, have someone looking after dogs at all time, beware of spray paint, or any other spray type thing being squirted at your dog,

I would kill if some one done sommit to mine down there, what a worry for the people showing eh ? beggars belief it really does, glad my wee ones not going now !
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I would kill if some one done sommit to mine down there, what a worry for the people showing eh ? beggars belief it really does, glad my wee ones not going now !
It's a sad day when animal rights people or whatever persuasion these people have, to vent their frustrations out on defenceless animals.

I have no time for the KC, most of you know that, why don't they vent their frustrations on the officials ?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I have no time for the KC, most of you know that, why don't they vent their frustrations on the officials ?
Because its not the KC PETA have a problem with...its every dog owners who keep dogs as slaves!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Its not the dogs that are slaves in our house, its us humans running around after their every need!!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Its not the dogs that are slaves in our house, its us humans running around after their every need!!
Its not me that needs telling ...ITS PETA
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Well not that I am supprised they have not posted my comment or responded neither have they posted Davids comment;

Just to give you a taste of our approach in next week's paper.

PEDIGREE DOG OWNERS SHOULD FIGHT BACK....says OUR DOGS

Jemima Harrison is at it again. Go to the Times online.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5817598.ece.

..........look at this and reply if you can....with OUR SIDE of the story!

OUR DOGS, on the side of and on behalf of pedigree dog owners, is fed up with the British press!

We want to get as many dog people emailing the Times with our side of the story because we are fed up of people just printing the narrow, one sided, cleverly edited opinions of Jemima, Beverley Cuddy, the RSPCA and the rest who, it seems to us, are only interested in promoting themselves. No one ever seems to mention the hundreds of thousands of happy dogs, caring owners and responsible breeders who thoughtful look after their healthy long lived pets who they love and cherish.

In every walk of life, there will always be people who bring the rest of their hobby or pursuit into disrepute.

But just because some athletes take drugs, it does not mean all athletes are cheats and the Olympics should be stopped!

The same logic applies to dog breeders...some bad, most good, and we all have a right to enjoy superb events like Crufts, where dogs can be seen having a good time with their caring owners without being berated by those who have the knowledge but ignore the truth for their own ends and to grab the sound bite

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

please pass on this on to any other message boards and forums you are involved with
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »