View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 06:37 PM
You should be alright Westie_N, Hounds and Terriers are on Thursday, the protest is supposed to be on Sunday.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Hmm, possibly, Moetmum. Though you'd think they would be there for all four days. Thank god I'm only going on the Thursday!
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I truely hope the security there is on the ball, I hope you enjoy your day, without any nutters throwing things at you .. fly the dogsey banner high,
The proof will be in the pudding as they say. if eggs come my way then i shall be armed with a pooh bag and if my dogs are true to form then they will have a reply.
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Don't let it put you off! Don't let these idiots win!
Absolutley, don't let narrow minded people ruin your day out.
samc11971
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:11 PM
i dont understand why people have to do this crufts has been going for years

good luck to all of you entered and have a great time
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Just like to say "good luck" to everyone who entered Crufts, hope you all do well and your dogs have a great time.

Will be watching like I always do and wishing I had a dog to show!!!
Wouldnt know where to start anyway!!!
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Warning; permission from David C to cross post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have just been told that a lady called Dorothea Penizek will be at Crufts working for Jemima Harrison. This may be hearsay, of course, but she was reported to be at Westminster doing the same. We are told that Dorothea was registered as a reporter at Crufts last year, this year she is coming as a visitor (she is not on the accredited list of reporters this year, and will be there for all four days. She arrives at Stansted on Wednesday and is then driving up to the show. If anyone come up to you and encourages you to talk about your dogs please ensure you you know who they are. These people are clever, they will have no hesitation in taking your innocent comments and distorting them for their own ends as we saw in Pedigree Dogs Exposed. My own comments were left on the cutting room floor. However, I have some experience of the media - clealy I did not say the 'right' things
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 12:37 AM
HI,

May be worth not speaking to ANYONE about your dogs then.

I've had dealings with the media through work and they will twist absolutely anything so that they can put whatever spin they choose on an article/broadcast.

I hate reporters and avoid them at all costs. They don't do me any favours and are out for what they can get.

I'm sure there are some decent ones around, but I've not met any.

Laura xx
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Well JH is once again misquoting people, she only joined 1 GSD forum no one threatened to shoot her and no one accused her of withholding medication; she was asked if there was any truth in the rumors, I have the conversation in word format;
this was her response:
Jemima Harrison on 01 February 2009 - 09:02
Wildmoor, no there is no truth in the charge that we withheld medication from the boxer and I find it hard to believe you found this claim anywhere online without mention, too, of our strong rebuttal.
by Wildmoor on 01 February 2009 - 13:02
JH there was no mention on your rebuttal in the only source online stating the boxer was withheld medication, if the boxer is as you state having as many as 16 seizures in 24hrs despite being on strong medication why has it not been pts?
You also state online that you and your partner filmed a lot of 'positive' footage within the 2 years but you sort to edit that out as it would distract from the 'negative' image you sort to release. I know of at least 1 canine genticist that is not happy after he gave you help/information and you distorted it.
Also online there is no published findings from the ethics committee regarding your film on the people in Turkey that you filmed, if there is I would be interested in reading it.
Jemima Harrison on 01 February 2009 - 13:02
OK, Wildmoor,back for this one..

The boxer suffers from cluster seizures. They occur once a month. The rest of the time the dog's quality of life is good. He is much loved by his owners and they feel at the moment that the good outweighs the bad, although they know it is a close call. It can be very hard - for all of us - to know where to draw the line.

Again just proves she is good at least at one thing misquoting people.
Typical Press there is only 1 journalist I have faith in and it isnt JH.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5817598.ece
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 02:01 AM
What a bitch! is there some reason these scum can't just tell the truth?

Laura xx
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »