Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2009, 05:19 PM

Protest at Crufts

Do not now if you are aware it is reported there is going to be a protest/demonstrion at crufts on the sunday, no one is sure where or when, maybe it would be a good idea to keep an eye on your dogs aswell as other peoples.
Good luck to those of you who have entered and hope you all have a great day.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I have just been advised that the "protestors" are planning on throwing eggs/flour etc on dogs and exhibitors as they enter the NEC.

And these people think that dog showing is cruel......... so what exactly is throwing things at dogs if they are doint it to prevet cruelty!?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
I have just been advised that the "protestors" are planning on throwing eggs/flour etc on dogs and exhibitors as they enter the NEC.

And these people think that dog showing is cruel......... so what exactly is throwing things at dogs if they are doint it to prevet cruelty!?
Thats disgusting what on earth do they hope to achieve??
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 03:45 PM
They're nuts! I would hope that they get moved on if they are planning on throwing stuff. that's not peaceful protesting now is it? I don't know what problem these people have anyway. The vast majority of people exhibiting their dogs are decent dog owners who care about their animal's welfare. I hope people see PETA for who they really are.
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree with you Loki's Mom, Everyone has an opinion and a right to voice it as its not causing anyone any harm and its down to the individual whether they are interested in listening what they have to say, but please dont try and ram it down peoples throats. If they are going to throw things at the dogs/exhibitors are they thinking about the stress that it may cause the dogs and how the dogs may react. To me thats not thinking of the wefare of the dog. I have noticed that show people love and care for their dogs just as much as pet owners at the end of the day show dogs are pets aswell as is dogs that do agility or obedience.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Throw eggs at me and i'll be quite tempted to run the ******** over in my car.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 05:07 PM
MMMmmmm sounds tasty! Ill take my camera too and show the idiots up for what they really are!
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I've heard that as well as the protest they are also going to be going into the show and have said they will be letting dogs out of cages. I know dogs should never be left unattended anyway but if you are on your own you may have to leave your dog to go to the loo. If you do ask someone benched near to you to keep an eye on it or take a padlock and keep the door to the cage locked.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:07 PM
The Kennel Club and NEC say that they are experienced in dealing with this sort of thing and not to worry.

I always take padlocks since the incident where somebodies dear children were releasing dogs at a show.

I do hope that they don't upset anyones dogs, they don't deserve it.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I just hope none of the dogs get frightened or upset by any of it. Presumably, as show dogs, they should be used to people but are they used to stuff being thrown at them and their owners. Might be scary for them.

Hopefully the organisers will have lots of security to get these people well away from the dogs
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »