Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 08:11 AM

Monday morning 20th December 2021

Morning all. Lynn my heart goes to you, especially at this time. It is never ever easy. Everyone else try to have a peaceful day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Morning all, Lynn, hope you all had a better night and he is a bit brighter today. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Afternoon all
Sat watching Steve decorate his new Christmas tree.... there's something up with him, he took down his already decorated Christmas tree and put up the new one in its place.... it's 7ft and takes up half the bloody living room
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 01:30 PM
Good afternoon all.

Still murky here, but not foggy again.

Kelly, you wanted him to get into the Christmas spirit and he has (big time by the sound of it) .

Waiting for a call back from the duty doctor to discuss this medication which seems to be doing very little. I also want to query the diagnosis because from what I read, the symptoms I'm having aren't typical. We shall see
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 01:56 PM
I actually wanted him to go to his family at Christmas Chris....but nope, he is avoiding them again
I really hope they sort your medication out, I want you to have as pain free Christmas as possible xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 01:56 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope the doctors rings soon Chris and you can get some answers and help.

Oh dear Kelly be careful what you wish for

Lynn thinking of your today hugs.

Murky and damp here. Been running round shopping for plimsoles and bedding all found and home. Then a tip run with Barry with more leaves and the old bedding, save me having to try and push it into the bin for collection this week

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 01:57 PM
Chris, could you look at granulomatosis with polyangiitis or Google vasculitis. Some of what you said fits with me....but vasculitis covers so many different types of disease
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Long talk with a new doctor who said it's definitely Trigeminal Neuragia, but the meds are well below the dosage of doing any good. She's more than trippled them and says that is the minimum dose to have any effect. Bit worried about the increase over the Christmas period, but hey ho, if they do good without too many ill effects it will be worth it.

How's our Dillon doing today Lynn?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2021, 04:49 PM
Afternoon everyone Dillon went over the bridge at lunchtime.
He had another night where he needed company and assistance onto the sofa, was drinking lying down and eating the same.
he had a job propelling himself up with his back legs this morning and immediately fell down and looked at Gorden with such confusion in his eyes. He managed to get up on the next try but his legs were so wobbly.
he was also crying when rising, so we rang the vet and booked for him to go over the bridge.
We are heartbroken and coming back to the home being empty is awful. I hope he knows we did it because we love him, I did tell him that.
Vet looked for some muscle on his hip area to put the sedative in but could find no muscle and I knew he had none there so it went into his neck then when sleepy she inserted the catheter and he went in minutes.
She assured us we had done the right thing at the right time for him.
As she said we could keep upping the painkillers but his legs were so bad now and he was on a high dose of each anyway and not helping him.

We are heartbroken it would of been 11 years on the 23rd that we brought him home and his 11th Christmas with us sadly not to be.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Lynn, I am so sorry for your loss, huge hugs to you and Gorden
Please...do not think that you didn't do the right thing, you DID....you showed him the most loving caring thing you can ever do for an animal. Dillon was, is and always will be loved and he will leave a huge gap but massive memories. You definitely made the kindest and right decision. You have my email address and you are welcome to message me whenever it gets too much...I had to let my girl go on the 23rd 8 years ago
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >