Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Lethal Front Legs

Kyiro has settled in really well since coming to live with us in December and he and Shady have become firm friends.
His personality is really shining through now and when he hears my car pull up in the drive he runs to the front door and dances around in excitement, waiting for me to open the door.
He gets so excited he will strike out at me with one of his front legs as I try and get through the door, which is really painful leaving me sporting endless long blue and black bruises down the tops of my legs.
So now I have to do my own little dance to get in the door without him being able to catch me. We must look a right sight and I'm glad nobody has a camera waiting for you've been framed LOL. Even Shady looks anused as she stands at the door waiting patiently for me to say hello to her.
Do any of you have this problem when you come in? How do your dogs greet you?
Another thing he has been doing is taking either one of my shoes or slippers and placing it in his bed while I am upstairs or out of the house. I don't know why he puts it there as he has claimed the sofa and sprawls out on there leaving poor me to perch on the edge instead of being able to lay out and relax myself in the evenings.
vilmusius
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2010, 07:11 PM
My dog is small, so we don't have such problems. I usually just go down to him and we have a cuddle when I come back.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Blue doesnt do it quite as seriously but he often greets me with by pawing one of his front legs out. He has caught me a couple of times but nothing serios its not a problem for me.
Must be a hound thing...its funny how they are all the same underneath
I always say he looks like a horse when he does it!!
And when he gets excited his tail spins like a helicopter and he gets the nearest thing (usually a cushion or a shoe) and shakes it around like it is some poor defenceless animal!!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Honey's not full Grey, and she does this, its actually become her sign for I want lol, and she only does it if she wants to go out for a walk or a treat, and its always from behind, if she wants a treat she will be sat down by the time you turn around, and if its a walk she will be stood there with a wagging tail, ok that may be humanising her, but she does always go for a walk if she does that, otherwise she will carry on, and I think its cute anyway
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 12:46 AM
jake does a thing like that, he gets so excited when i come home he just jumps all over the place and forgets he has claws that the end of those legs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Awww bless, Leon is too old to do things like that now, he just rushes around thrusting his tiger at you, but when I had a house full they would all be charging around and barking their heads off when I got home, and wouldn't stop until they had all had a hug and a kiss.

I very often get up of a morning and find one of Clives or Daniels trainers in Leons bed, I feel that he snuggles up to them as a comforter overnight. He sometimes greets me with a trainer as I come down of a morning, then he realises, drop the trainer and rushes to get tiger
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Len bites my ankles (not seriously) when he's really excited. He once nipped my bum (I'm not very tall) in excitement too.

My great dane used to whip me with her tail. Anyone who owns a great dane will tell you that it's a very painful experience. I should imagine a grey's tail has a similar effect!