Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Sorry got to have a rant.

took Ollie out for his trip up the field this morning and he decided to take off most unlike him then I spied the little Ess Angel he knows and thought ahhh hasn't seen her for a long time and wants to say hello.
Got over there and he wouldn't leave her alone and she was playing the tart why ? because she is in season and there she is off lead on a huge field where loads of us walk our dogs and running around chasing a ball with the other two new dogs this woman owns.

Ollie although neutered at 6 months is interested in bitches in season and does try to hump although not successful thank goodness, she still left her off lead although Ollie a 10 plus stone male Bernese is trying to get too her I did say if he worked it out he could tie with her and what damage could he do to a little dog like that, this has happened once before with her luckily Ollie listened to me and came away but why are people like this it amazes me.

I fear that poor little dog is going to end up pregnant and it will more than likely be a cross breed as she seems to take no care over this what so ever.

Don't know what your opinions are but I know for me personally it really annoys me.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Some people deliberately let their in season bitches off lead so they get pregnant. I remember when I worked in the eastend of london I saw several people letting their bitches 'play' with a loose dog!
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Some people deliberately let their in season bitches off lead so they get pregnant. I remember when I worked in the eastend of london I saw several people letting their bitches 'play' with a loose dog!
Becky
Ohhh for goodness sake how come there are some really silly people about she will probably be wondering how it happened when it does. She had her little boy out there with her too.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Oh I wouldn't be very happy at all if I met them - my boys are entire as well !
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh how annoying Lynn, I know when the basset hound Leon plays with was being walked whilst in season, he's fully entire and been used at stud so he was beside himself with excitement and I couldn't let him off the lead, even when she'd gone as he would have just run off to try and find her.

I did say to the chap that was walking her that she shouldn't be brought out to the places where lots of dogs walk but it just went right over his head.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Oh I wouldn't be very happy at all if I met them - my boys are entire as well !
Must be even worse for people with entire dogs. Ollie is bad enough and he isn't sure what to do.
I met a lady I walk with sometimes with a CKCs entire and she was just coming out of the woods and I warned her so she put Oscar on his lead as she said he would not come back so till we were safely away Oscar had to be on his lead on the field.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I know it annoys me, although our lad isn't interested with bitches in season, but loads are.

What I find more annoying is statements like

''I wanted her spayed but then I thought wouldn't it be nice if she did have puppies as she would make a wonderful mother''.............how do they know that.

Or when it's a male who is bothering the bitch ''I wanted him neutered but my hubby says no,...think its a man thing''

Or ''I don't really want her to have puppies.....but if she does, well we'll cope''

All these statements (which I have heard said alot) just make me walk away.

Well I say that, I didn't once when someones male entire, kept trying to mount Reah, and even after I said to the owner ''can you call him as she is old with bad legs'' they just laughed and said ''he's abit of a lad with the ladies'' Then I blew my top.....which made them come and get him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh how annoying Lynn, I know when the basset hound Leon plays with was being walked whilst in season, he's fully entire and been used at stud so he was beside himself with excitement and I couldn't let him off the lead, even when she'd gone as he would have just run off to try and find her.

I did say to the chap that was walking her that she shouldn't be brought out to the places where lots of dogs walk but it just went right over his head.
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I know it annoys me, although our lad isn't interested with bitches in season, but loads are.

What I find more annoying is statements like

''I wanted her spayed but then I thought wouldn't it be nice if she did have puppies as she would make a wonderful mother''.............how do they know that.

Or when it's a male who is bothering the bitch ''I wanted him neutered but my hubby says no,...think its a man thing''

Or ''I don't really want her to have puppies.....but if she does, well we'll cope''

All these statements (which I have heard said alot) just make me walk away.

Well I say that, I didn't once when someones male entire, kept trying to mount Reah, and even after I said to the owner ''can you call him as she is old with bad legs'' they just laughed and said ''he's abit of a lad with the ladies'' Then I blew my top.....which made them come and get him
I am glad its not just me then I was thinking maybe I was being a bit of a kill joy.

I had this problem last time when there was snow on the ground and I did get a bit touchy with her then as it was no mean feat trying to get Ollie to leave her alone on a snowy slippery field.

I know they have to be walked but surely on a lead and when there is less likely to be people about she knows the time people walk their dogs round here so no excuses there. Today my back could of done without the extra strain of keeping a hold on him and I get a bit cross that Ollie has to be restricted when all is he is doing is reacting to something natural to him because of other peoples thoughtlesness.

Steph I would of been fuming too and had to of said something like you did some people aaarrrggghhh there's no hope is there.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
There was a stupis woman doing that with a black lab which was less than 12 months old on our back field ...

until I told her she was being extremely unfair to her dog. Haven't seen her since
mumof5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
When I was walking my dogs the other month I left Tilly-Mai at home because she was in season (her first) and I got chatting to some of the other dog walkers and when I told them why Tilly-Mai was at home they told me I was being unfair on her and if she got pregnant there are enough people who would have a puppy

I had to walk away before I did him some permanent damage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >