Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Caesar Millan residential---thoughts

Out of interest how many people would be happy to have their dog boarded/trained by Caesar Millan?

No copping out and saying you wouldn't leave your dog anywhere!

Personally I am in the 'You DARE touch my dog and I will kill you' camp where he is concerned but be interested to
see what others think.

I'd leave them with Victoria Stillwell though---and I do leave them with Tassle (G)!

rune
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Not a prayer!! to be honest i think residential training does defeat the object slightly,, i know its still very common in Gundog circles, but what they tend to find is that after forking out £90 a week for 10 weeks the dog will work for the owner for a couple of weeks or so and then reverts to how it was before they went away as the owner just doesn't handle as well as the trainer..

For me its all about working with your dog as a team
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't allow anyone to train any of my dogs whether I was there or not.

There is very little to be gained by sending a dog away to get trained by a third party, no matter who they are.

In 99% of cases the dog isn't the problem, the owner is & no matter how well trained the dog may(or may not be)if the handler isn't up to doing continuing training, then any time or money spent getting a third party to train a dog is totally wasted.

Even a GDBA dog, Hearing dog,Assistance dog has an intensive training period with the disabled person & not all the disabled people who get assistance dogs of any kind are successfully paired up & dogs have been & are returned.

So nope I would never send a dog away to be third party trained. I would only board my dogs with one person who has been a close friend for nearly all my life
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
No way, wouldn't let him anywhere near my dog, not even as a last resort and certainly not to leave in his care for any period of time.

I think residential training (not talking CM here) can work for some people in some cases but it's not something I'd consider as I think the partnership and understanding between you and your dog is what needs to be worked on and that can't be achieved if you're not there.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Well, annoying as I might be (sorry about that ) I am of the "nobody takes my dog anywhere camp" BUT if I were going to let my dog go anywhere with anyone, I would most definitely be fine about them going with CM. In fact, I'd be honoured that he would give his time to my dogs (should I ever need professional help).

Of course, this is all hypothetical because none of my dogs need any training that they don't get at home, thanks to CM and my experience with dogs!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well, annoying as I might be (sorry about that ) I am of the "nobody takes my dog anywhere camp" BUT if I were going to let my dog go anywhere with anyone, I would most definitely be fine about them going with CM. In fact, I'd be honoured that he would give his time to my dogs (should I ever need professional help).

Of course, this is all hypothetical because none of my dogs need any training that they don't get at home, thanks to CM and my experience with dogs!
Gosh must be lovely to have perfectly behaved dogs-then on the other hand if they are as boring as CM's dogs as seen on TV(no playing between the dogs etc)maybe not !
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Errr...no. I can imagine my Lab in that compound of his with all the "well balanced" dogs. He would think that all his birthdays have come at once; all those dogs to hump!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Absolutely NO WAY would I let him anywhere near my dogs.

Not that I would send my dogs away to be trained, but hypothetically speaking, if I had to I would rather they go to any of the Dog Borstal trainers (yes, even Mick! ) or Victoria Stillwell, if we're talking TV trainers.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Not a chance!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
you toucha ma dog, I smasha ya face........
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »