Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
OK, here's my gripe, Tesco's, I want a packet of fags, there's only one counter, and that sells the lottery tickets as well, so I have to stand behind a queue while they all buy tickets, I've seen some buying as many as 20 tickets all I want is a packet of 20 ciggies.
I could say I know the answer to that one but I won't as I am a smoker

Been there and waited and waited and waited
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I could say I know the answer to that one but I won't as I am a smoker

Been there and waited and waited and waited
Do you think they have a cunning plan Tracy, make em wait, it'll maybe make em stop smoking.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I very much doubt that with that lovely tax on them nero
Does the Tesco queue waiting policy not apply to the tobacco kiosks then ? more tills required We will get H to deal with that one
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

It is a total nightmare.

Here's me theory. These days, the young generation do not want to work for peanuts. So they all go to University, basically to have a non stop party for a few years, and to come out with a lovely degree.

In the mean time, because all the British kids are at Uni studying 'media studies' etc, we have to look to Eastern Europe to recruit plumbers, carpenters, builders, labourers, cleaners etc etc...the people we really need.

So, the British youth finally leaves Uni, and guess what? No job. So they end up in Tesco, Burger King etc earning less than the Eastern European.

The result...a massive chip on the shoulder, a stinking attitude and NO customer service!

Please note...this is only MY opinion of what I see around me. You may see it differently
There is nothing wrong with having a party at Uni that lasts four years. the difficulty is that many of the options open to school leavers at 16 have gone, apprenticeships are like gold dust, and a lot of jobs now demand degrees. This forces a lot of kids into degree courses who would perhaps have been happier doing something else. No wonder they are cheesed off not being able to get the higher paid jobs that are no longer there as the number of graduates has risen amazingly.The system is promising the Earth and delivering empty promises.

That does not however excuse poor service and a job well done........Perhaps the new academies which will be providing skills based education alongside the academic will mean we will all be able to find builders and plumbers etc when we want them.

H Your post made me giggle....Hope the rest of your day went well.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Well I am officialy a GOT too. Went out straight from work tonight with the only other female in my new department and we get on like a house on fire! Sat in the pub having a conversation about world domination and how we're going to use our feminine wiles to get around a particularly male chauvinist member of staff we both have to deal with.
Group of 6 blokes come in and commandere the rest of the bar that we're sat in. Immediately launch into inappropriate conversations which we manage to ignore. We get up to leave to catch the next bus and one of the blokes says 'we'll take over where you were sitting but may have to sniff the seat after you're gone'Dirty git! Anyway, get to the bus stop and realise we have 1/2 an hour before it's due. What's left to do? Go back to the pub and have another drink. Go back into the pub and sit back down in the midst of mr mouthy who thinks he's clever making sexist comments cause he thinks we're not coming back. Strange but as we sit back down beside him, he is strangely silent! and very embarrassed.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well I am officialy a GOT too. Went out straight from work tonight with the only other female in my new department and we get on like a house on fire! Sat in the pub having a conversation about world domination and how we're going to use our feminine wiles to get around a particularly male chauvinist member of staff we both have to deal with.
Group of 6 blokes come in and commandere the rest of the bar that we're sat in. Immediately launch into inappropriate conversations which we manage to ignore. We get up to leave to catch the next bus and one of the blokes says 'we'll take over where you were sitting but may have to sniff the seat after you're gone'Dirty git! Anyway, get to the bus stop and realise we have 1/2 an hour before it's due. What's left to do? Go back to the pub and have another drink. Go back into the pub and sit back down in the midst of mr mouthy who thinks he's clever making sexist comments cause he thinks we're not coming back. Strange but as we sit back down beside him, he is strangely silent! and very embarrassed.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Was extremely amusing and all his mates took the 'p'
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:32 AM
and another rant, I'm determined to join your got club

why do useless foreign male call centre staff, always say their name is Kevin, 'hello mrs ----- my name is Kevin' there must be more people named Kevin in Mumbai than the rest of the world put together lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:44 AM
My latest grouch is as follows:
Recently, Baz and I went into Nandos, Croydon for some lunch. I wanted my chicken to NOT be coated with sauce before it was dished up (it should be crispy IMO) and explained for about 3 minutes to a girl that just looked at me blankly......
The penny dropped - she knew just the menu in english....

One other person who spoke some english then listened while I explained my request again - at first he looked totally blank, and Baz asked "is there anyone here who speaks english?". The Nandos guy convinced me he understood what I wanted.

However, and this was certainly no shock to me, it didn't happen.

It's the last time I go in there so they've lost money, and it serves them right. I shall cook peri peri chicken at home - mine's better anyway - and they can spin.

I noticed they'd even taken away their customer service cards "Did we cluck up?" that are usually on the table.

I suspect they had to employ more people to deal with the complaints......

Rant over
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
My latest grouch is as follows:
Recently, Baz and I went into Nandos, Croydon for some lunch. I wanted my chicken to NOT be coated with sauce before it was dished up (it should be crispy IMO) and explained for about 3 minutes to a girl that just looked at me blankly......
The penny dropped - she knew just the menu in english....

One other person who spoke some english then listened while I explained my request again - at first he looked totally blank, and Baz asked "is there anyone here who speaks english?". The Nandos guy convinced me he understood what I wanted.

However, and this was certainly no shock to me, it didn't happen.

It's the last time I go in there so they've lost money, and it serves them right. I shall cook peri peri chicken at home - mine's better anyway - and they can spin.

I noticed they'd even taken away their customer service cards "Did we cluck up?" that are usually on the table.

I suspect they had to employ more people to deal with the complaints......

Rant over
we had probs once at nandos and complained to head office, we got a voucher for a free meal id go for it if i was you.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »