View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Have to agree with all the others.You lot should see my oh in action,he has it down to a fine art.He gets real mad when he doesn't get the service he thinks he is entitled to.He always complains and even ends up walking out of shops etc in mid purchase,leaving them to put the stuff back.

He always says once you have lived abroad,then come back to this country you see the difference and it's shocking how customers are treated,xxxxxxxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:36 PM
I myself am a grumpy old tart!

My lot still go on about the time I was driving along and saw a bloke of about 18 drop his choc dip pot on the floor.
I pulled over and told him to pick it up, and I went on at him a bit too
But he picked it up.... and then apologised lol
I think he was in shock, or it was uniform, but it worked and theres been no stopping me since.

So please can I be an DOGOT?
(Dogsey Official Grumpy Old Tart)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Well it didn't get any better after lunch today either!!

My house is on the bottom corner of a steep close (it goes uphill), and further uphill to the back of me, is a bungalow on a corner which has recently been sold. They have two very powerful lights on the side of this house at each end, which have now become a nuisance to me at night, because one of them is sooooo blooming powerful it shines directly into the new top part of our house, through the blinds on the landing, and straight into my bedroom through the open door. I'm lying in bed with one of those third degree lights shining through the gap in the blinds at my face! Well close the door you might say, but I have to leave my bedroom door open at night because mum is across the landing, so just in case It's been bugging me that this has been going on for a while now (like everything else! ) so I got out my little Planning booklet from my local council and lo and behold you are not allowed to have any security lights or any other type of lights which may become a nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours. SO, I'm armed, I can now put my little Meldrew cap on again.

Off I march after lunch up the road to approach new owners of said bungalow. Now, although I might seem like a grumpy old tart as Vicki so aptly put it, but I am actually, very pleasant indeed when it comes to something like this, (but only if I've had enough sleep thenight before but I haven't - remember! ). So, I knock on the door, woman comes to door and tells me to push the door at the bottom coz it sticks, so I did, with my hand (wish I'd used my foot in hindsight though!!!) She is standing there in navy blue boiler suit, hair tied behind her back, about 30 years old, but something is missing That nice enquiring smile that you never seem to see nowadays! "Hello" I said, "I live in the house on the corner down there, and your outside lights have become a bit of a problem for us at night" I am stopped dead in my tracks with a "yes, I know, but they don't turn off"!!! So I stood there, my smile by this time was slowly slipping down my face, and I don't like silence, I don't like being surveyed up and down, especially by some woman with a twisted look on her face and no smile who I don't even know when I'm not even in the wrong here!!!! So I piped up with "well, can't you take the bulb out or something then - it's only that rear light which is so bright that's disturbing us"???? Yes, I did forget to say please, I admit that, but with her attitude and the morning I'd had, I wasn't prepared to be intimidated for a third time today!!! Again we stood there in silence, and again she surveyed me up and down like I was some kind of bad smell under her nose. Yes, I had thrown on my big clodhoppy dog walking boots, and my jeans finished 2" above them (lol!) and I had a scruffy dog walking jacket on, but I was only going up to hers, I wasn't going to the shops or dare I say it Tesco's!!! I might not have looked the part, il.e. Mrs. Bucket,aka Hyacinth, who should be residing at the big new house on the corner, but tough, I do, and I can wear what I blooming well like when I'm just popping out the back for 5 minutes!!! How very dare she look at me like that!!!!!
I couldn't find any other words to say quite honestly, neither could she, so I just said my thankyou and walked off, and I swear she was still looking at my old boots I had on!!!

Her car has now gone from the property (they're obviously doing it up and don't live there yet, and hopefully they never will, it might even be for her parents coz they're all old people up there) The lights are still on, although not a problem at dusk, but they will be again tonight! So, in the morning, she will now be getting a very polite letter from me, asking her yet again to do something about those bl**dy lights that are keeping me awake, and at the bottom of my very polite letter, I will make sure I write the words "c.c. sent to Arun District Council" So there!!! She can take it outta that! Lol! Is there no end to this for me at the moment!!!!!

I don't think she knows who's she messing with here, especially as I have my friend as back up who lives on the other corner of this close, we're like a pair of pincers for anyone wanting to cross us!!! How very dare she

I do hope I'm brightening your day you lot!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's not you, Aitch, I'm also on a very short fuse where "service", or the extreme lack of it, is concerned.

Only last week I made a scathing remark to the checkout girl for talking to the bag packer (who I told to b*gger off in the end).

I think we should start a "Grumpy Old Tarts" section.....

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Yes, can't we ask Azz if we can have a special section for us grumpy old f*rts coz it's really getting bad, and that way he can keep us neatly out of the way of all the important stuff going on in here can't he! It's taken over my life now!!! Moreso than Dogsey and that's saying something!!!!

... and Nero, don't even ask me about the car parking this morning, that's another story!!!! It was raining yet again, you couldn't see out of the windows, and you know what that means!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
I myself am a grumpy old tart!

My lot still go on about the time I was driving along and saw a bloke of about 18 drop his choc dip pot on the floor.
I pulled over and told him to pick it up, and I went on at him a bit too
But he picked it up.... and then apologised lol
I think he was in shock, or it was uniform, but it worked and theres been no stopping me since.

So please can I be an DOGOT?
(Dogsey Official Grumpy Old Tart)
That's an idea Becky, we ought to all change our usernames to DOGOT 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. however many we've got on here hey??!!! Lol! It might be all of us though!!!!!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Aaaaw Helena.
I'm sorry but I am afraid you are brightening my day.

I know what you mean about the security light though. The house over the back from us has one and intermittently it goes on in the night and lights us up like Blackpool Tower. Very unsettling....

Hope you can get it sorted.
xx

PS Join me up the DGOT Club please.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Go get em H,your on a roll today, Seriously though they say if you get a good nights sleep you can cope with anything,xxxx
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2008, 05:05 PM
all you grumpy old tarts out there, please spare a thought for all of us that work in charity shops and suffer from dumb customer syndrome lol
The clothes we sell are obviously donated, we don't have it in the next size up, and we don't have the curtains in a slightly darker shade of blue, and another pair of the same shoes you saw in here 6 weeks ago, but you didn't buy them then.
we just have to smile, be polite and courteous, when we just want to scream f*** off you dumb gormless cow !!!!!

rant over
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by arctic.wolf View Post
all you grumpy old tarts out there, please spare a thought for all of us that work in charity shops and suffer from dumb customer syndrome lol
The clothes we sell are obviously donated, we don't have it in the next size up, and we don't have the curtains in a slightly darker shade of blue, and another pair of the same shoes you saw in here 6 weeks ago, but you didn't buy them then.
we just have to smile, be polite and courteous, when we just want to scream f*** off you dumb gormless cow !!!!!

rant over
Sorry but thats a trifle out of order.It seems the people who are often spending their hard earned cash are the ones who pay the wages.It doesn't matter what they are looking for,they deserve to be treated with a little more dignity,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
He always says once you have lived abroad,then come back to this country you see the difference and it's shocking how customers are treated,xxxxxxxx
I agree with that unless it's one of the ex communist countries where (Due to some previous crime) I'm currently living

OH came fuming out of Interspar recently. She had been in the que at the checkout and was next to receive the attentions of the checkout lady when said lady just got up and walked away. No explanation, no apology

Of course OH also called in to Customer Service before leaving and demanded to speak to the manager, got some apology and something about not having enough staff blah blah.

So you see H.................it could be worse But Boobahs OH is right, when you see how they do it in America, or Sweeden, or such, it really does make you wonder what the future is for UK.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »