View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:34 PM

My old Duchess - Roxy - not good news (updated post #50)

Had to take both Mya and Roxy to the vet tonight. Mya as she still has the squits and there was sick all over the lounge. Then we caught Roxy throwing up, so we took them both.

Mya has Colitis and is on a course of AB's plus other stuff. She has a very high temperature, but is sprightly, and happy as anything, so don't expect any complications there.

Roxy, sadly, is another matter. Her liver is enlarged. The sick was brown which indicates dried blood. She has to go back in the morning for a blood test. She's also lost weight - something the porky old dear just doesn't do. Losing weight for no reason means only one thing to me

Having lost three shibas to cancer, and one of those to liver cancer, the symptoms are all too familiar. She will be 12 in March - I hope she'll still be here to celebrate
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh sorry to hear that Vicki. Sending positive vibes your way. Big Hugs to you and yours.

Becky
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Oh bless you. I'm sorry you've had bad news today. Its hard when you know they are aging rapidly. Enjoy her while you have her happy. xxxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh god, Vicki poor Roxy, lets hope it's not what you fear, big ((HUGS)) to you and your gal, thinking of you and hoping it's good news at the vets
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:39 PM
oh hun im so sorry to hear this...lets hope its not the case!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Had to take both Mya and Roxy to the vet tonight. Mya as she still has the squits and there was sick all over the lounge. Then we caught Roxy throwing up, so we took them both.

Mya has Colitis and is on a course of AB's plus other stuff. She has a very high temperature, but is sprightly, and happy as anything, so don't expect any complications there.

Roxy, sadly, is another matter. Her liver is enlarged. The sick was brown which indicates dried blood. She has to go back in the morning for a blood test. She's also lost weight - something the porky old dear just doesn't do. Losing weight for no reason means only one thing to me

Having lost three shibas to cancer, and one of those to liver cancer, the symptoms are all too familiar. She will be 12 in March - I hope she'll still be here to celebrate
Awwww...Vicki, fingers crossed it's not what you fear and she will be healthily celebrating her next birthday. XXXXX Sending all the positive vibes to you and Roxy!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear Roxy not too well Will be keeping my fingers crossed for her.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I have got everything crossed for you and roxy
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I hope it isn't what your thinking, i hope she see 12 and beyond.
Please give her a cuddle for me, and remember we are rooting for you both in the morning.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear your fur babies are ill hun , sending healing vibes and positive thoughts there way , keeping fingers crossed for good results xxdk
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »