View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I think you worry more like you said wen there are no answers...when you know what you are dealing with you have something solid to put your energy into, if you see what I mean. Hope you get some answers soon.
Hugs

Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2007, 06:10 PM
i dont intend to come back without some, if nothing else what is or can be done to solve his problems.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2007, 06:25 PM
right off to the vets hopefully get some answers and see my boy.
will come back later not sure what time depends how long it takes to see a vet cause i'm not leaving till i have.
catch you all later.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2007, 07:59 PM
well spoke to a vet and feel happier now.
they think its a rare condition were the main muscle at the top of his bladder isn't working with the muscles along the tubes to the penis.
so in effect the bladder is pushing it out but the muscles futher down isn't letting it out therefore its building up.
hes on 2 types of drugs to try and get the nerves /muscles to work together 1 of them is diazapan which will take 5 days to take effect so hes gonna be in untill monday to see if it has improved it then to try and find the right dose he needs.
they haven't ruled out cushing and it could be the underlining cause and would send him home to be called back for the test for cushings.
so it could be 1 of the same thing (ie cushing) or 2 different things altogether.
so its a case of wait and see what effect the drugs have she did give it a name but can't remember it and it can happen in giant breeds/middle aged dogs but isn't common.
what we saw in him was just the fact the pressure in his bladder was going against the muscles and it was coming out because of how much he had retained.
since hes been there he hasn't been at all because the muscles are stopping it.
and the fact they are draining him every 24 hrs to prevent him over loading.
it was nice to clear a few things up at least i know he is in for a while which i can understand the need now.if i can find it i will let you know what its called.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2007, 08:03 PM
At least you have some answers you will miss him if he has to be in till Monday but at least they are looking into everything and he is on site for tests.
Bet Holly is missing him too.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Poor Toby Glad you got some more info tonight Marie.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2007, 08:40 PM
yeah hols missing him mopping about.
if the drugs get him to tiddle and relax the muscles so they open up and let it out then even if its not a huge amount it is just increase the dose as he is on the lowest dose at the mo.
but he will be on them for the rest of his life cause if the nerves aren't making the muscles open together then he needs the drugs to make them open.
when they weighted him yesterday for the x rays etc he is now 88kgs!
in which case he has gained some where in the region on 12 kg in the last yr which again can be a sign of cushings although i don't think hes eating any more, i nearly dropped when i saw it on his sheet.
if that is right he needs to lose some most boys are 65 ish 70 at the most.
he will hate me when he comes out, drugs and less food!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 11:54 PM
my horse had a similar problem, he had pulled/strained a muscle, which in turn had gone into spasim(sp) and they had to try to relax the muscle before things could get back to normal. Hopefuly its the same sort of thing, so glad you have some answers, hope you can get him home soon, shona x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Awwww, well you must be feeling a bit better now that you've had some answers Leo, and can now deal with the problem. Hopefully, they've got it right, so the drugs will start working, and he'll be A1 again in no time, bless. I bet you can't wait to get him home for a massive cuddle, he's such a gorgeous fluffy bear. Take care. Hope you're feeling ok now, well, sort of I mean!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2007, 04:54 PM
hes not out of the woods yet, the vet told mark if the drugs don't work or an increased dose with no effect, theres nothing they can do about it.
then run tests for cushings to see if it hormone related and his bladder stems from that but told him its more likely to be neurological of some type.
depending if the drugs work and pending more tests to see if it is something that can be controlled or treated if not thens theres not much hope for him,as he can't go on like he is.
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »