View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2007, 02:58 PM

urinary problem (toby) (updated post 18)

i have noticed a few wet patches today, no explaination of what or how so just cleared it up.
then noticed tob is fast asleep and leaking urine.
woke him up took him out is weeing but not as strong a flow as normal and dribbling off at the end.
also trying to do the other and seems to be straining with no avail.
now its freaked me out in case its something nasty.
could be a simple bladder infection could be more, he doesn't seem in any pain but is lying around alot ( well hard to tell with him)
could it be hormonal with hol being in season? although this is her 5/6 th and never happened before.
hes only 4 in march and i know leos are prone to cancers..........i might be reading alot into it but my worst fear is he could have prostate cancer.
i'm not ready to face it or lose my boy.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
He could have a simple infection, or just be a bit leaky as you have a bitch in season. Is there any coloured discharge? Best bet is off to the vet tomorrow. Hope all is well.
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
no nothing i can see.
i hope it is something simple hes def going to the vets as soon as poss.
just never happened before i guess i'm paniced by it,just hate something being wrong with them and not know what i can do.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
hi Leo
Is he entire?
If he is it sounds like it could be a problem with his prostate.
My old BC started peeing and not being aware of it and straining etc last year, he had a massively enlarged prostate. It could be that it's triggered by your bitch being in season, the hormones will ake an enlarged prostate get bigger.
We had to have himcastrated...it has stopped since. Hope this helps. Ax
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
We are very good at thinking the worst when something happens especially in those that we love. I thought prostate problems indicated an inability to go to the loo because the gland is pressing on the tude rather than constantly leaking, this indicates a problem with the 'valve' on the bladder not working properly, so more likely an infection.
Keep your hopes up I'm sure it's very simple.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:18 PM
They can find it difficult to pass urine because of the size of the prostate, but it can also make them 'leak', which my BC did and he also was totally unaware when he'd finished weeing.....so he'd walk back in the house...spraying.....not good!!!
The vet told us it could have been aggravated by local bitches being in season that we were unaware of, so if you have a bitch in season in the house, it does sound like that could be the trigger.
It's worth saying that prostate cancer in dogs is incredibly rare, so don't panic, sounds like it's just enlarged.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
yes he is entire.
i was thinking prostate maybe it isn't to enlarged to block the flow completely.
i know you can get enlarged and still go but it affects the flow...which tobs is half the speed that is the norm for him.
i honestly don't think hol is the trigger as this isn't her 1st although it could be a factor....but why now?
i hope it is just an infection but wither way hes at the vets in the am........ thanks guys its put the wind up me.
hes my boy i hate to think its some thing i can sort out for him.
keep looking at me as if to say i don't wanna go out for a pee when he goes out hes going though, smaller slower amounts but not noticed him drinking more.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
yes he is entire.
i was thinking prostate maybe it isn't to enlarged to block the flow completely.
i know you can get enlarged and still go but it affects the flow...which tobs is half the speed that is the norm for him.
i honestly don't think hol is the trigger as this isn't her 1st although it could be a factor....but why now?
i hope it is just an infection but wither way hes at the vets in the am........ thanks guys its put the wind up me.
hes my boy i hate to think its some thing i can sort out for him.
keep looking at me as if to say i don't wanna go out for a pee when he goes out hes going though, smaller slower amounts but not noticed him drinking more.
awwww my BC always looked really worried too...he had his frowny face on.
It could be that his prostate was slightly enlarged and then Hol being in season has made it worse. Our BC's condition came and went too...that's why the vet said it was probably down to local bitches giving him a hormone surge and thus enlarging the prostate furthur...
We hoped it was a simple urine infection....but it wasn't.
The vet is the only one who can tell, good luck for tomorrow and keep us posted!
Axxxx
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Fingers crossed that all is well and vet checks him and hes ok.
big hugs
xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
ah poor toby . wudn get to stressed leo til u see vet an know what ur dealing with cud be a urine infection .
get well soon toby
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »