View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
She's not sickly as in have soemthing wonr with her....just always has bad luck (lumps etc).
My vets only do the 3 year ones I think!
Ah right I see so she`ll only have been done every 3yrs then?
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:41 PM
What a coincidence, I had a letter from the vets today telling me that Daisy is due for a booster. I normally leave it nearly a month just to get a bit of extra time and there has never been a problem. I must say I am tempted not to have it at all, as Daisy hardly ever mixes with other dogs, because she is getting on and doesn`t always want to go out.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
Ah right I see so she`ll only have been done every 3yrs then?
Well, she's only 2, so not yet lol
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 02:46 PM
*I had a letter from the vets today telling me that Daisy is due for a booster. *

What vax does your vet use K/C? If they use any of the ones above she won`t need booster for the 3 major diseases as immunity lasts for minimum 3yrs
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:46 PM
My vet told me we had to have the two injection puppy course, then the first booster, then every 3 years from then onwards.....this is the Intervet vaccine. But that was a year and a half ago, so things may have changed since. But I only had the lepto last year.....which to be honest is nearly as expensive as the full booster....nothing so far this year.,,,,not due until June
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, she's only 2, so not yet lol
Ooops sorry H be a couple of yrs till she needs it then
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I have Kingsleys Vacc card here....
This is what he had:

Year 1(puppy): LP
DHLPPi

Year 2: LP
Year 3: Pi
DHLPPi
Year 4: LP
Year 5: I forgot to take the card
Year 6: They forgot to write on the card
Year 7: LP
Year 8: DHLPPi
Year 9: LPPi

The stickers say 'Vanguard', and 'Intrac' - no idea what make they are!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi C/C heres what Intervet says;-

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Inte...s_/-29490.html

From the link above

*Primary course vaccination
A single injection should establish active immunity to canine distemper, infectious canine hepatitis and disease caused by canine parvovirus infection in dogs of 10 weeks of age or older. Where earlier protection is required a first dose may be given to puppies from 6 weeks of age, but because maternally derived passive antibody can interfere with the response to vaccination a final dose at 10 weeks of age or older is generally recommended. For an optimal response to the parainfluenza component, animals should be vaccinated twice, 2-4 weeks apart with the final vaccination at 10 weeks of age or more.

I don`t see anywhere that says a booster is needed at age 1yrs Intervet have had that info on their site for couple of yrs now.....
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
*I had a letter from the vets today telling me that Daisy is due for a booster. *

What vax does your vet use K/C? If they use any of the ones above she won`t need booster for the 3 major diseases as immunity lasts for minimum 3yrs
On her Card she has a stamp with Vanguard written on
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I have stopped having Kingsley boostered now.
he's 10, and you're not telling me, after 9 years of injections, he has no immunity!
What does your vet think Foxy?

Am going to carry on having teagan boostered for the moment, as she seems to be a sickly dog, so dont want to risk her catching things with me working at the kennels

Funnily enough our vet has never ever mentioned innoculations to me at all. I don't know why because we have been with them now for over 17 months. Perhaps its cos its his own practice and not a big practice that he doesn't pester about vaccinations. He just seems to wait till we go in and treat whatever we go in for which was usually the scratching.
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »