Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2006, 08:59 PM

Can't install wanadoo modem

My new braodband kit came today (so excited). Following disc instruction until we get to step 4 where we connect modem. The new hardware wizard flashes up but then says cannot find the software and suggests connecting to internet etc to find it. Been on phone to helpline for the best part of an hour with no joy. Someone has mentioned that it could be because my dial up modem is still installed. Any ideas anyone please. PS Wanadoo are sending me a new disc but I'm not convinced thats the problem.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2006, 10:36 PM
If your dial up modem is external then disconnect it and then try installing the modem ..make sure you've actually installed the modem and not the modem dr thing..I made that mistake ..but then you have to wait for a few days to be connected
hth
liz
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2006, 07:51 AM
It sounds like the Windows install wizard is trying to install the drivers as well as the installation software on the disk.
If this is the problem, try this:-
Start from the begining again with the instalation disk. When the *Found new hardware* wizard starts, cancel it. Continue with the instalation disk instructions, and see whether the disk will install drivers of its own. If it does, then the job is a good'un.
If not, then you ay have to have a firtle on the installation disk to find the drivers, then install them manually.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-02-2006, 09:15 AM
When I was installing my broadband router (USB Connection) I had to make sure the software was installed before plugging the USB cable into my PC. Presumably that's what steps 1-3 are telling you with your modem?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by marean
My new braodband kit came today (so excited). Following disc instruction until we get to step 4 where we connect modem. The new hardware wizard flashes up but then says cannot find the software and suggests connecting to internet etc to find it. Been on phone to helpline for the best part of an hour with no joy. Someone has mentioned that it could be because my dial up modem is still installed. Any ideas anyone please. PS Wanadoo are sending me a new disc but I'm not convinced thats the problem.

I had a few problems when we installed our Wanadoo broadband Have you got the speedtouch burgundy coloured modem? Have you plugged your filter into your phone line correctly? And does the light on the speedtouch thingy go green or does it stay orange
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks folks but to no avail. Did try cancelling the found new hardware wizard but basically nothing happened. The modem is the speedtouch 330. The first step was to check we had the equipment the second step was to put in my username and pass word, the third step was to click accept for the agreement then the 4th step was to connect modem to USB port. The red light on the modem just above where it says USB flashes. Must be a problem with my computer as gave everything to dad to try installing on his and it installed no problem.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
It sounds like the drivers for the modem isn't installed.

What operating system are you using ?
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Yes, its not installing anything, I'm on XP home.
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Its saying that it can't find the software and suggesting to connect to the internet to find it. Did this and still said unable to find software. Really frustrating as I'm live from tomooor. Have just emailed wanadoo technical support, so hopefully they may come up with an answer.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Try using a different USB port.

Also, if the modem isn't connected directly to the PC (ie if it is connected to a separate USB hub) try connecting it directly to the PC.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >