Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Good luck at the vets Cain x x x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 09:53 AM
The anti-sickness jab will do the trick, Max has had it on a number of occasions. As others have said, I think stress has a big impact on collitis. When Max first came to us he was very stressed a lot of the time and he frequently had bouts of it.

Sorry that Cain has to go in, it's the last thing you want for him when you know how stressed out he will get but the meds will sort him out very soon.x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Hope Cain's gettiing better and wasn't too stressed at the vets x
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Poor Cain, hope he is feeling better soon.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Ok we're back. The vet thinks its probably just colitis. She managed to listen to his heart beat which was a bit high but probably due to stress. Cain was positively miserable when he realised where he was he didn't react but it wouldn't have taken much, he was sooooo unhappy. She couldn't get a good feel of his gut as he was so rigid with stress anyway. We decided to not even attempt taking his temperature.

I've got a ton of meds. Xanax or something to settle his tummy and ProKolin paste. He's also on both Metronidizole and Synulox to cover a broad spectrum of bacteria. He's also being done with Panacur in case of giardia. I've been told to Advocate him in about 5 days time.

Because she couldn't get a good feel to help with his diagnosis and partly because she's going on holiday for 2 weeks, we decided to get stool samples tested too in case it's campo bacteria, salmonella etc. She's said if he gets worse while she's away he might have to be sedated so we can give fluids hopefully it won't come to that.

She said it could be anything that caused it from swimming in dirty water, eating something he shouldn't have, picked up a bug or stress. Thankfully she's fine with me feeding raw and didn't blame that going to feed him 3 small meals a day of cooked white fish and mashed potato until he's feeling better.

£288 bill ouchie! If it had been a normal dog, the vet said she probably just have given antibiotics for a few days and see how it goes, but because Cain is hard to treat and she's going away, we didn't want to miss anything so we went the whole hog. Let's hope it works!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Fingers crossed one of those treatments work!

Helen
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Here's hoping Cain soon feels better, he should do with all those meds...

Hugs to a poorly boy
xx
lablover21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Big hugs to poorly Cain, hope the meds soon start working on him.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
He wouldn't take the pills in bait so I have to open his chops and shove them down his throat! He did eat about 2/3rds of the white fish and potato I fed him, went a did a wee ( finally! First since 5am! He's still on toilet strike!), played with his squeaky toy for a few mins and has settled down to sleep again. Only one bloody explosion since we got back from the vets. Hopefully he'll keep the meal down.
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »