View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi poo this morning certainly looks a more normal colour so hopefully that is a good sign, combined with him looking brighter in himself.

Good luck if you are at the vets today, particularly as Cain will find it so stressful
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Just caught up on this, fingers crossed all is good today at the vets and he's over whatever it was
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Hope poor Cain is feeling better today...

I know it's not a funny subject but I clicked on this thread on my phone while eating breakfast and it zoomed in and took me straight to the pic of his poo!!!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Hope it's nothing serious.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone! Sorry CC some of the things we end up discussing on here!

Well the vet rang me straight away, I just got off the phone with her. She said she thinks it's probably colitis and will treat the symptoms first and if it doesn't got away, explore further. She said she'd normal do a hands on examination but that's probably not going to happen with Cain. She said it he'd stopped vomiting then she'd prescribe metronidazole and see how he went, however as he's still vomiting she said she thinks he would benefit from an anti sickness injection. Downside is, it stings! But he already hates the vet so it probably can't damage the relationship much more we're taking him in at 11am.

I haven't fed him anything yet and was told not to until he's had his anti sickness injection. I haven't the foggiest what triggered this. Anyway, he seems about 80% himself and I'm less panicked now he's stopped passing blood
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I really can't think of anything that's he's eaten. Just a thought, but he had a bit of a stressful experience at the weekend. Can stress bring on colitis?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I really can't think of anything that's he's eaten. Just a thought, but he had a bit of a stressful experience at the weekend. Can stress bring on colitis?
According to Google the answer is yes, stress can bring on colitis, especially in a nervous or highly-strung dog.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Just found a collossal pile of vomit too (this is like a less fun version of hide and seek!)

Played this one - Find the puddle(s) of vomit in a patterned carpet - Hope Cain's back to normal quickly. Buster sends a bounce his way.

Good luck at the vet.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Sorry, just caught up with this

Hope he's ok and the vet sorts him out.

My last dog used to suffer and have poos like that, colitis it was but I could never figure out what triggered it until one day I caught him in the garden sat waiting, not eating his raw dinner, he'd figured out if he waited long enough the flies came and he could play catch the fly which was his favourite game So the food would sit there with flies wandering around on it until he'd had enough and decided to eat

Needless to say he was fed indoors from then on And he never got it again

The anti sickness jab and some biotics soon sorted him out.

Good luck Cain (and you . )
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes stress colitis is real, Samson had it after a bad puppy class although not bloody very runny and mucus filled Pro-biotics really helped him along with chicken and rice for 5 days x x
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »