View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I am so glad to be reading Toby seems to be picking up.

More positive vibes and (((hugs))). X
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm glad to hear Toby is picking up a bit and hope it continues. He is in the best place although i know it must be hard for you.
Sending big hugs to you and gentle ones to Toby.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Relieved to read a more positive posting on Toby. Everything crossed that they get to the bottom of this nasty illness and he keeps improving. Lots and lots of best wishes to you both.
xx
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm glad to hear he is slightly better. he'll be in good hands with the expert.

still got my fingers crossed for you and Toby.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Just a quick update this morning. He's up to 16% but he did throw up once in the night so he's back on the iv steroids (they had put him on oral ones) and he's getting extra stuff for his stomach (losec,zanzac,entapsin - or at least thats what it sounded like, spelling might be way off!). He's having his chest xray this morning so we can't go see him until this afternoon.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Great to hear a little bit of positive news for Toby. Everything crossed he continues to improve.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
Just a quick update this morning. He's up to 16% but he did throw up once in the night so he's back on the iv steroids (they had put him on oral ones) and he's getting extra stuff for his stomach (losec,zanzac,entapsin - or at least thats what it sounded like, spelling might be way off!). He's having his chest xray this morning so we can't go see him until this afternoon.
If you are interested:

Losec= a branded omaprazole, i.e. a proton pump inhibitor that reduces the production of stomach acid.

Zantac , a histomine receptor antagonist, reduces stomach acid by a different means, less effective than a proton pump inhibitor but covering a different pathway

Antepsin, this lines the stomach, giving physical protection, helping to prevent ulcers and combines with stomach acid to form a "bandage" over any existing ulcers for further protection and healing. It can also help to promote the body's own mucosal defences.

My own dog had these three for stomach protection when he had bleeding stomach ulcers. His PCV (Packed Cell Volume/red blood cell count) got down to 19% then, after he vomited a pint and a half of blood within a few seconds.

I hope they work as well for Toby.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I've only just seen this. Im afraid I know nothing about this illness but I can relate to your worry. When my Moon got kidney failure, I honestly don't think I slept for a whole week and I was physically ill with worry. ((((hugs)))) All fingers and paws here crossed for you. C'mon Toby!
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear he is responding to treatment and his red cell count is higher, hope it continues
saharazin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Toby has this terrible disease.

My darling beagle had AIHA.

I mainly wanted to post and send you my best wishes and support.
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »