View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Big big (((hugs))). It is soul destroying I know but he is truly in the best place and they will do all they possibly can to make him well.

Everything still crossed he will keep this food down and start to rally round.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
It is the not knowing that is killing me. Theres a big empty space where he should be.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
It is the not knowing that is killing me. Theres a big empty space where he should be.
I truly know that feeling only too well and I know how hard it is no having them there with you.

Please take comfort from when I say he is being looked after and nursed and being given every chance of recovery.

The empty space is awful I know but take this time to get your head round this and so when he comes home and you need to medicate and nurse for a while you are strong enough mentally and physically. I know when Ollie was in hospital I didn't sleep. I would go to bed tired be wide awake in a couple of hours and that was it your head can't stop. He will need your strength though when he comes home so please try to rest sometime during the time he is away.

More big big (((Hugs))). Xxx
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2011, 06:48 PM
So very sorry to hear this.

One of my dogs was hospitalised as an emergency recently, after vomiting blood due to bleeding gastric ulcers.

It's horrible, you don't know what to do with yourself, how to get through the time, or how to cope with that big empty space they should be in

Everything crossed here that you get him home soon. Thankfully mine came home and, fingers crossed, he's doing pretty well now. I hope you have the same outcome, although the waiting, the worry and the forced separation are all awful.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I have only just read this.... I hope that you get some good news tomorrow, and sending healing vibes all the way from Seattle for Toby *woof*
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm still here wishing Toby well *Hugs*

Thinking of you both xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 05:34 AM
You and Toby are in my thoughts today, love.....

Sending loads of positive vibes for your gorgeous lad...

x0x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Hope theres some good news today.
LisaT
New Member!
Female 

11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Not much to report really but I know people are thinking of him. He is no better, but also no worse. They are continuing with the steroid treatment and will redo his bloods tonight or tommorrow to see if there is any improvement. It all depends if they can stop the immune system killing his cells before the rest of his body shuts down.....
Hello there, I was just passing through, and your post caught my eye. I hope that your boy is still holding on.

I am not familiar with the area that you live in, but if you lived in the U.S., I would encourage you to insist that your vet also put your dog on doxycycline, in case there is a tick disease that is causing this process. When the cause isn't known, vets tend to treat death of the RBC's with steroids, but they often overlook the possibility that this can be caused by infection. The immune system may not be showing the infection (i.e. the blood counts may not be elevated). So the most conservative way to approach this, which covers all bases, is to add the antibiotic at a high enough dosage.

Tick diseases that can cause this, in the U.S., include Ehrlichia, Anaplasmosis, Babesia, Bartonella, with the first three most likely to cause this. Here is an example of such a case: [link removed] (I hope it's alright to post that).

Hoping for the best for your boy.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Hoping for some good news today
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »