Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:42 PM
fingers toes and paws(theres alot of them!) crossed here for monday xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Must be so frustrating and I really hope the vet gets to the route of the problem. Oodles of Dogsey vibes from me and my lot. xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I will be thinking of you on Monday, and hoping that at long last you get to the bottom of this problem so that it can be sorted out.

A big cuddle for both of you. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
It's the "not knowing" and the almost guessing that the vets have no choice but to do, that's the worst. I know this from the last few days of Mya.

I hope the vet finds the root cause of Zena's problems, Aitch, and I have everything crossed for a positive outcome that's manageable.

Whatever happens, and whatever the diagnosis, Zena has her mum, and you really do give her everything she needs.

Huge hugs, mate...... thinking of you loads

Big love

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
fingers toes and paws(theres alot of them!) crossed here for monday xx
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Must be so frustrating and I really hope the vet gets to the route of the problem. Oodles of Dogsey vibes from me and my lot. xx
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I will be thinking of you on Monday, and hoping that at long last you get to the bottom of this problem so that it can be sorted out.

A big cuddle for both of you. x
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's the "not knowing" and the almost guessing that the vets have no choice but to do, that's the worst. I know this from the last few days of Mya.

I hope the vet finds the root cause of Zena's problems, Aitch, and I have everything crossed for a positive outcome that's manageable.

Whatever happens, and whatever the diagnosis, Zena has her mum, and you really do give her everything she needs.

Huge hugs, mate...... thinking of you loads

Big love

x0x
Thanks Layla, Sue, Sally and Vicki.

Layla, have you come across this before? I'm guessing the reason they don't want me to feed her is if they find something in her stomach they will operate straight away, coz he said they can't knock her out for the x-rays coz the food won't go through as they want. It seems gsd pretty specific along with irish setters.

That's just it Vicki, the not knowing part. If you could see this dog, she's just launched a big assault on poor Georgie, she's a picture of health, it just doesn't add up does it! I have to KNOW, and if they do diagnose this, it goes into another stage, which is worse, because it ends up with pneumonia with the food going into the lungs, and could I put my beloved girl through that??? Not a chance in hell! If it's manageable before it gets to that stage, then I will do my utmost, but the mere thought of this girl going through any pain/trauma is totally out of the question for me, but let's hope they've got it wrong hey
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh H, fingers and paws crossed that the vets will find out what is wrong with your darling girl and that it is easy to treat, poor love. I know you must be frantic, so lots of (((HUGS))) and {{{VIBES}}} coming your way xx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Sending lots of hugs and good vibes to the beautiful Zena! Hope all goes smoothly and you get a definite answer to her regurgitation / vomiting.

On the plus side I know of a few dogs with megaoesophagus and all of them are well managed by their feeding routines
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Sending lots of hugs and good vibes to the beautiful Zena! Hope all goes smoothly and you get a definite answer to her regurgitation / vomiting.

On the plus side I know of a few dogs with megaoesophagus and all of them are well managed by their feeding routines :-)
That's a huge bit of comfort for me, thanks!!!!

Thanks Petticoat and M2M, all I can do now is wait till Monday, at least we'll have an answer by then. Got a busy week-end, away tomorrow leaving Dave in charge, but I'll be feeding her myself before I go and when I get back.

going to give her the last small bit of Chappie before I go to bed, so finger's crossed then....

Thanks for all the support and hugs and vibes, it really is much appreciated as always.xxxxxxxxxx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
She's having a series of tests on Monday including a barium meal x-ray

I had booked a double appointment today with the top man at the hospital, and I had the insight to type out two pages of her vomiting history over the past month, for which I've tried just about everything, and even though we got it down to once a week, this past couple of days, it's been once a day, and it's got to the stage I'm frightened to feed her now I've Googled till I'm blue in the face, and I had come across the megaesophagus condition which the vet strongly feels it could be

I'm having to do an experiment over this week-end, whereby we feed her with her legs raised, and if it stops the regugitation then of course, he says he will have his diagnosis, and I have to say, for the first time in two days, she has actually held down a bit of lunch by me sitting on the stairs with her front feet on the 3rd step! Easy really coz she knows she's not allowed upstairs, and this is how she greets me in the mornings, so it went smoothly. I am having to use soft food in meatball shape and size in the hope that it will open up the esophagus for it to go down, but of course, she chews some of it, but so far touch wood, it's been half an hour and it's not coming back up!

Never heard of this before, but I'm going with the vet on this one, he knows how hard I've been trying to get to the bottom of it, sometimes the food stays down, sometimes it comes back up only 1/3rd into a meal, then she vomits it up outside, bounces back in and eats the rest with great gusto!
All very strange to me anyway.

She isn't "sick" as such, she doesn't feel sick, no lip licking, no lethargy, just that the food will trigger this off, but once she's brought it up, she is fine again and keeps the rest down. He took over half an hour to explain it all to me, and he agrees, even if we can help it over the week-end with this feeding regime, we need to get to the bottom of it via x-ray initially. She has to stay awake, he doesn't want me there, but his colleague who we know well is going to be doing it on Monday, and because she's female, then all should be well along with the vet nurses.

It's only treatable depending on the reason, whether that be vascular or thyroid, but if it's not treatable (hereditary etc), then it's manageable by these feeding methods where you can buy a proper chair (seen it on u-tube!). If it IS what he thinks it is, then of course, I will let my breeder know.

So far so good, but we'd love some of those good old Dogsey vibes for Monday please, coz she can be a bit iffy and stressy at the vets, but she should be fine once I've left her, afterall, she's got nobody to worry about then has she!!! Bless her little heart, who would have thought
Hope all goes well & vet gets to cause of her problems. xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh Helena they do worry us don't they, but we would never be without them. Fingers crossed here that the vet can find the answer and it can be sorted for Zena, bless her.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »