View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 06:39 PM
So sorry about Loki. I hope her last fit sees the end of them for some time to come

Sue
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh Rose x Thinking of the both of you - I hope Loki has no more *hug*
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I hope Loki had no more since the 8.20 one Rose, I'm still thinking of you, you poor thing having to go through all this, you must get worried sick at times like this and who wouldn't be. I bet you're taking really good care of her though, I hope she enjoyed her chicken breasts, and lots of that tlc you always give her, not only at times like this either. Good luck with her Rose, I'm so sorry it's all happening again.xxxxxxxxxxx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Thought and Hugs with you and Loki..xx
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Sending all my love to you and Loki. x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by SibeVibe View Post
Ohh Rose I know how you feel and I'm thinking of you.

Hopefully the medication you have given her will settle her down.

Isaac's are mild and infrequent and I hope and pray they stay that way.

Sending you both HUGE Hugs and hoping Loki is back to her usual self very soon.

Please take the best of care of yourself.

Seoniad.
Many thanks Seoniad. Well she took another one at 4.30 pm. One thing is that they don't seem as bad as those back in June, or last November, so that is something at least.

She is eating loads and drinking lots of water. She has been up and down the hall walkies as well!!

Again, thank you for your lovely wishes.

Rose xx

Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Rose, sending you both hugs xxxx
Hello MS Many thanks and hope you are hail and hearty. Loki is just after eating again. They do get so hungry - more diets will be needed

She cheered up this afternoon as Grant came up to see her and she went to the door to give him a welcome, bless her.

Again, thank you.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Poor Loki. Gentle hugs on the way. You poor thing you must be wrecked xx
I was gutted when she started to fit again, Berger, they aren't as ferocious this time round though and her face is pulled back as much.

I am shattered - couldn't even make myself anything to eat. I get quite upset at seeing her in fits. Just been drinking coffee and had a sandwich earlier. Loki has eaten more than me

Thanks again.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I hope the diazepam helps improve things. When my Loki starts, I try to give diazepam on the 1st, 3rd, 5th fit and then start watching carefully. The last time I had to give it on the 7th too but things began to improve after that, you know, less severity and recovery between fits. If it didn't improve, I would then seek help from the vet.

Try to get some rest, Rose, although I know it is nigh on impossible. I know you will anyway, but keep an eye on Loki's hydration.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh Linda, I have only given her two so far - one after the first one and one after the fourth. Another fit and I will give her one. They seem to have helped more this time. She has done more walkabout. Her last fit was at 4.30 pm and again, not too bad, her legs look as though she is paddling, bless her.

I am whacked!! My blood pressure is up sky high but who cares as long as Loki gets thru' these blasted fits!

Many thanks again and take care.

Hugs to her cousin Loki xx

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sorry to hear this Rose I guess after such a long period without any episodes it is tempting to think it may never happen again.

Looking on the positive side, Loki has done very well since that terrible time in June. Also consider that the episodes are probably a lot worse for you having to witness them than for Loki who is probably unaware of what has happened.

Fingers crossed this is a one off and the medication will settle her down again. (hugs) x
Aw thank you MH. I am always listening for her, even when she is OK. She looks at me with amazement when she comes out the fits - even smiled at me

So far she's had five. I keep hoping that will be them all but they run their course.

Many thanks again for your wishes for Loki and me.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am sorry to hear Loki has some taken some more fits since you posted about the first one.

Everything crossed here she will settle now.

(((Hugs))) for you and Loki. X
Thank you for the hugs, Lynne. She is sleeping at the moment after walking up and down the hall!

Again, thank you.

Take care and hugs to Ben xx

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i hope she has settled now. it must be something you would never get used too, seeing your dog having a fit. hugs. xxx
Aw thank you LP, you never get used to it, you are right there. I always live in hope that someday a cure would be found but it never will.

Loki doesn't realise she is in the fit, so that is something.

Many thanks again for your wishes.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
How is Loki now? Hope the fits have stopped and she is relaxing - and you too of course.
Many thanks LM - unfortunately, that is another one she took - 7.25 pm. She is lying back now on her pillows. Quite soul destroying!

Again thank you for your wishes.

Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Poor Loki it's something that must be awful to see your girl going through, sending my love to you both xxxx
Many thanks GSDG and it is awful as I feel quite useless when she is in the fit - I just try to hold her as best I can to stop her hurting herself.

Many thanks for your wishes, I do appreciate them.

Take care.

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh Rose, I'm so sorry she's had some more through the day. We too, know what you're going through. I'm pleased to hear they seem less severe than the last lot. They are so horrific to watch. I really feel for you. Fingers crossed you're both resting now and all is well. xx
Oh WH it is awful isn't it - I wish I could take them from her instead. It seems to be about every 3 hours or so that she is taking them. That one was at 7.25 pm. I hope the diazepam works for her longer this time.

Again, many thanks for your wishes for her. I doubt if I will get any rest! But I shall try

Take care.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
So sorry about Loki. I hope her last fit sees the end of them for some time to come

Sue
Many thanks Sue. Well as you will see above, she took another. I think they will continue until tomorrow. I gave her mashed chicken breasts in water as she didn't want the water on its own. She took it with the chicken in it.

Again, many thanks.

Take care.

I do appreciate everyone's responses - they do help!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Aw Rose, I know what a nightmare this is. I wish you didn't have to go through it alone.

I would definitely keep up with the diazepam because it is an emergency measure for the purpose of reducing the number, and severity of, the fits. Even if you have to use a few doses over the course of the cluster.

I know things are tough at the moment, but please remember that these clusters usually last around 2 or 3 days, so although that is a nightmare in itself, there is an end to it.

Big hugs.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Loki is having more fits tonight Will be thinking of you both xx
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Many thanks Seoniad. Well she took another one at 4.30 pm. One thing is that they don't seem as bad as those back in June, or last November, so that is something at least.

She is eating loads and drinking lots of water. She has been up and down the hall walkies as well!!

Again, thank you for your lovely wishes.

Rose xxx
I'm sorry to hear Loki had another fit Rose. I spoke to soon today as well. Isaac had a fit at 5 pm tonight.

I had to hold him the same way you have to with Loki. This time to stop him banging his head off the garden fence. We stayed there till it was over and we got through it. He's fine now I'm always ok while Isaac is having a fit. Like you I know my job is to do what I can and stay calm, but afterwards I always get emotional, especially when I see him feeling well enough to be norty

I hope you've had more than a sandwich to eat by now and hopefully a little rest as well. Really hope that Loki has a good night tonight. Thinking about you both.

Take care Rose.

Seoniad.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh good luck to you too then Seoniad for tonight I hope both of you sleep peacefully together with those gorgeous doglets.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »