View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Sadly Frank's fosterer has to go into hospital next week on top of which a job change means he is no longer able to foster Frank as he would be left for long hours. This time in foster has made such a difference to Frank and given him a chance to get over the stress of kennels.

We have arranged for him to be collected and transported back to kennels by a kind volunteer on this coming Sunday (9th May). Unless someone else is able to offer Frank a foster place as an only dog ... otherwise kennels is the only option? Anyone?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:36 PM
A prospective fosterer for Frank will need to have no other dogs/cats, a secure fenced in garden and he should not be left for more that 4-5 hours. If you are considering fostering Frank or any of our dogs please complete our online foster questionnaire on our website.

Thank you!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
An update from Nikki who picked up Frank from his fosterer and returned him to kennels today:

“Short of putting up banners I have never seen a reception for Frank so good....he was greeted by 3 of the kennel girls, all hugs and kisses...and treats....he ran to his new kennel....didn’t even give me a second look or even a thanks for the ride!

The first photos are of us at the park and this last one was just at the kennels....waiting for a treat. I know I was supposed to get lots of photos of Frank, but I can’t cuddle and hold the camera at the same time!

I just need to add that when we first got in the car he was very talkative and then Bud [their dog] started it was so noisy, but then he soon settled and slept most of the way in the back of the car ... he is a really good traveller”.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Wendy went to the kennels yesterday and walked Frank. Here is her update:

Frank was my 2nd walker yesterday, we had a lovely walk together, he still knew all the little paths, even when I got a bit lost he brought me back to the right place. I felt so sorry for Frank, he did look rather sad, just sitting there when I left him, I really feel for him, and hope and pray he can get another foster or forever home soon. This guy needs it so much.

Foster or forever home ... where are you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Today is Frank’s one year anniversary of being in kennels so we put it up as his birthday on Fb. Look at what Frank's lovely Fb friends made for him.

Frank is still looking for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2010, 07:07 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“We didn't know that yesterday was the anniversary of Frank's arrival in the kennels or we would have given him even more treats and cuddles. Lovely lad, and strong too".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Lynne:

"Hot day; hot stuff! Frank had a lovely walk today through the woods. We arrived back at the van where I had bought sandwiches. Frank had the last one, but oh boy oh boy in the heat I broke open a 'hot cheese and ham' sandwich. Franks eyes stood out on stalks and how he enjoyed! He sat on my lap and I got 3 licks on the face..Frank is never that direct. Lovely time together, but never long enough.

Frank looks in such good health now; great weight; fur is good; greyness just isn't there. Photos tend to exaggerate his skin redness. He is presenting well with just a little pinkness on his feet. Thank you Alan (recent fosterer) you gave Frank such a lift...thank you".

Frank would very much like another foster home or his forever home! Cheese & Ham sandwiches are optional!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 09:26 PM
He is so lovely, I wish I were in a situation to help him I really do, he is stunning
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
An update by one of our volunteer walkers:

“Unfortunately Frank is not easiest dog to capture on camera!
We had a lovely walk. I guess I'm becoming less of a stranger to him, and for the first time he welcomed me in his kennel with a wagging tail. But just for a few sec, we still need to know each other better, don't we Frank?

This is the only good'ish quality picture I could take”.

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Rescue Remedies View Post
An update by one of our volunteer walkers:

“Unfortunately Frank is not easiest dog to capture on camera!
We had a lovely walk. I guess I'm becoming less of a stranger to him, and for the first time he welcomed me in his kennel with a wagging tail. But just for a few sec, we still need to know each other better, don't we Frank?

This is the only good'ish quality picture I could take”.

I just adore this boy and DO NOT UNDERSTAND how he is still in kennels - it truly breaks my heart....
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >