Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Rye is a very sweet 14 yr old collie

23-08-2012 Rye is a very sweet 14 yr old collie. We were told he was 6 yrs old, but it is very obvious he isn't. He is really sweet and has been a loyal working dog all his life, but now is no longer needed. His back legs are very weak. A member of staff has taken Rye home so he can be loved and sleep on squidgy duvets. This will be the first time he has been indoors. He has no idea about walking on a lead, but will come with you if you ask. He is a really lovely gentleman who is looking for somebody to love him and make him special for what time he has left. Rye is by donation due to his age.
23-08-2012 UPDATE
Rye went home with a member of staff last night. He was very comfortable in his warm bed and mooched about after Vicky very contedly. We do hope this boy will find his own spot on somebody's hearth rug soon.
28-08-12 UPDATE
Cold nose, warm heart. This sums up this special boy perfectly. His nose is always cold but the warmth he gives off is unreal. He has worked hard his whole life but I'm sure Rye has seen love and kindness along the way. Rye struggles on his legs, but he has a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his steps. It has been a long time since a collie has melted my heart the way this fella has. He has an absolute faith in mankind and a gentleness about him that doesn't seem real. He will seek me out and sit at my side nuzzling and licking my arm while I fuss him, throwing his paw at me when I stop. He has seen our vet today and he is now on pain medication for his severe arthritis. He will need to be on this for life and re-assessed regularly. After all, this beautiful boy deserves a dignified and pain-free life. He has been 100% clean in the house so far and he has shown no interest in the cats. With my dogs he is very well behaved and doesn't bother the girls even though he is entire. If you need some warmth in your life and you can give this boy plenty of love, then don't hesitate to be a part of this gentleman's retirement.

Name: Rye

Breed: Collie

Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2012, 10:35 AM
what a very sad way for a loyal and faithful dog to end his life, away from everything he knew and loved......I hope he gets the home he deserves bless him.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh what a lovely old guy, hope he gets his own fireside soon
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Poor old chap...whats up with his back end?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Not sure ,,
Could be scared in that pic...
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Poor chap. Hope he doesnt have what my elderly Rc had (nerve damage)