Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Can I suggest you read her reply to street dog before you publicly state that she's not being a hypocrite!!!! Also request murphydog explains why SHE hasn't let everyone know how the matter has been dealt with. THANKYOU

OK, lets clear this up.

My response to street dog was as follows and I have highlighted three rather pertinent sentences given that I did not even know this thread was the one you were talking about in your very vague intro-rant :

``Most of us dont know what the story is, if you were concerned at so little talk of it on this welcome thread.

If its the one I *think* it might be, [ dont know for sure ], I was appalled at the slating I heard about and thought there was something very fishy about claims made.
The rescue I know of, [ whether the same one or not I dont know ], is highly respected and frankly I did not believe a word of the claims I heard made against that one.

Its difficult for anyone to say anything really, when we dont know whats what, [ I`m not asking for details either, as its clearly already been a source of distress from the sounds of things ], so I shall just say,

welcome to Dogsey

--------------------

Honeybee I confirmed in my previous post that it was definately NOT the same premises as the one I heard being slated.
This thread does not identify the kennels you are defending so, not personally knowing anything of the place or the people running it, I have kept an open mind and made no assumptions.

I suggested something general for the dogs *IN CASE* there was any foundation and its what I would suggest in the case of ANY kennels about which anyone expressed such concerns because its the dogs which matter *whichever* the kennels may be.
If there is no basis for concern then there is no problem, is there ?

You need to calm down and stop looking for attacks where there were none. Having a go at someone else the way you have been doing for expressing concerns for the welfare of dogs will not help your cause, it will just get people`s backs up then they wont give you the time of day, plus if the name becomes known to everyone reading this thread, all people are likely to associate it with is your attacks which will lose the place any credibility in the future.
Is that what you want ?
matty39
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
There are no principals for her to stick by as it is a pack of lies hence there are no more comments from her due to the action taken by the owners who are highly principled!!!
I think that Murphydog should reply to clear things up about the stray rescue kennels as it seems to be getting out of hand. In my opinion people who run and work at any rescue centers are doing a good job taking in dogs that people dump or mistreat. These rescue centers work 365 days a year looking after the animals that get dumped. My wife works in a dog rescue and even works Christmas day to look after the dogs.Some of the things she tells me about the state some dogs that get brought in is unbeliverble.If it was not for places like rescue centers alot of dogs would just be left in the streets and not been given a second chance in a loving home. I for one find it hard to believe that any rescue center is as bad as mentioned in Murphydogs tread. Keep up the great work to all rescue centers.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by matty39 View Post
I think that Murphydog should reply to clear things up about the stray rescue kennels as it seems to be getting out of hand. In my opinion people who run and work at any rescue centers are doing a good job taking in dogs that people dump or mistreat. These rescue centers work 365 days a year looking after the animals that get dumped. My wife works in a dog rescue and even works Christmas day to look after the dogs.Some of the things she tells me about the state some dogs that get brought in is unbeliverble.If it was not for places like rescue centers alot of dogs would just be left in the streets and not been given a second chance in a loving home. I for one find it hard to believe that any rescue center is as bad as mentioned in Murphydogs tread. Keep up the great work to all rescue centers.
Believe me some "rescue"centers are far from ideal & some are downright disgusting.

There is no legislation at present to stop anyone setting themselves up as a rescue & not treating the dogs correctly

There are regulations in the pipeline but as an RSPCA kennels was closed because of the conditions in the kennels(Closed by public pressure & fought tooth & nail by the RSPCA btw)& the RSPCA are down to do the inspections who knows what will result
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Believe me some "rescue"centers are far from ideal & some are downright disgusting.
Oh no Dyane, I am in agreement with you again!

That is definately the case and I have no regrets about my part in getting a local "rescue" kennel closed untill they bucked their ideas up and kept the dogs in a reasonable manner. Just because its "rescue" doesnt mean standards should be poor, just the opposite IMO.
Dawn.
matty39
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh no Dyane, I am in agreement with you again!

That is definately the case and I have no regrets about my part in getting a local "rescue" kennel closed untill they bucked their ideas up and kept the dogs in a reasonable manner. Just because its "rescue" doesnt mean standards should be poor, just the opposite IMO.
Dawn.
do you know the rescue center in question or are you just reading and acting on whats been posted?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
do you know the rescue center in question or are you just reading and acting on whats been posted?
Which centre, the one I spoke of? If so, yes I know it well.
Dawn.
matty39
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Which centre, the one I spoke of? If so, yes I know it well.
Dawn.
Its the one Murhpybog was slating.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Its the one Murhpybog was slating.
No I dont know that one personally, which is why I didnt comment on it. I have seen many dreadful examples of "rescue" kennels, and IMO any establishment that doesnt adhere to basic requirements needs addressing, I hope the one mentioned has been dealt with, it would be nice to hear an update wouldnt it.
Dawn.
matty39
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
No I dont know that one personally, which is why I didnt comment on it. I have seen many dreadful examples of "rescue" kennels, and IMO any establishment that doesnt adhere to basic requirements needs addressing, I hope the one mentioned has been dealt with, it would be nice to hear an update wouldnt it.
Dawn.
The one Murphy dog was on about i Know personally, And nothing that was said is not true. and probably the reason why Murphy dog has not posted anything else about this anymore. The staff and owner work very hard 7 days a week looking after the strays that come off the streets trying to get loving homes for them. The owner has a non destructive policy that's why some dog have been there for some time.she also tries to get some into a foster home and pays all the vet bill out of her own pocket.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
The one Murphy dog was on about i Know personally, And nothing that was said is not true. and probably the reason why Murphy dog has not posted anything else about this anymore. The staff and owner work very hard 7 days a week looking after the strays that come off the streets trying to get loving homes for them. The owner has a non destructive policy that's why some dog have been there for some time.she also tries to get some into a foster home and pays all the vet bill out of her own pocket.
I hope thats the case Matty, with rescue kennels not requiring lisencing (at present) many fall way below minimum standards and think its ok, they also seem to gain support and quote rescue as being the reason behind conditions on the premises. No dog should be denied minimum care and attention and should aslo recieve any veterinary treatment necessary. No money is no reason, if they cannot cope with the dogs there they shouldnt have them. Its not a slur on the kennels you know, I am speaking of any kennels now, not seeing the conditions in the property you speak of I cannot comment.
Dawn,
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >