Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Stealing

Do you have a thief in your house?

Winston is forever stealing things! Anything and everything he can reach (which is pretty much everywhere at over 6ft when on his hind legs)!!

I suppose at least when I can't find something I know where to look
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I have puppy stealing going on here at the moment with my new girlie,I'd forgotton that anything is fair game,no matter what it is,She trots off,tail in the air like she has the crown jewels
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Kiara is a proper thief, she can now open cupboard doors too! Anything left out on the work tops is fair game!!
Poppy has a thing for worn knickers and will pinch them if the bedroom doors are left open!!

It's taught the kids a valuable lesson in cleaning up after themselves and to keep their rooms tidy though
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Duncan pinches socks - dirty/clean he doesn't care, and the recycling bin has just been put up on a box so he can't get into it we kept finding things we thought we had thrown away in his basket and just to top it on Saturday he was caught just his back legs sticking out of it upside down in the bin, lid had closed and he was stuck
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 10:11 AM
If you want to stop him doing this (do you?) teach a Give or Swap, then work on a Retrieve?
The reason bored dogs grab stuff and run is that it leads to a great chasing game, and lots of attention from Mum.
So ignore it, then offer a toy to swap with?