View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2005, 03:34 PM
It has to be Bonnie for me simply because she is the most loving & sensitive dog despite her rough start, although each of my 3 are very special to me.
My brother had a Doberman which I adored, he was such a character, the most confident dog Ive ever met.everybody knew him, he was stolen and never found about 12yrs ago.

yvonne
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I think it would be my Nan and Grandads dog Sabre..he was a German Sheppard.
He used to walk me everywhere...never on a lead...but NEVER near the roads(he liked to chase cars)
One day (i was about 8 we were walking across some waste ground, the grass was really long and Sabre was having a sniff, this kid of about 12 came at me with a broken bottle (he didn't notice the dog ) and Sabre came out from the grass and just started this low menacing growl, slowly walking toward this boy....needless to say the boy shot off like his pants were on fire
Sabre was my soulmate too we just understood each other.

He was my best friend.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2005, 06:20 PM
For me it would have to be Shep, a Border Collie, he was very loving and loyal, he used to lie down at your feet and if you had your shoes off he would pull your foot to him and put it under his shoulder - paw until it was nice and warm then push it back out. His eyes were so black sometimes you didn't know if he was awake or asleep, but he would flash the whites of his eyes just to tell you that he was watching you. When I had been out he would run to greet me by jumping up and we would bump shoulders together then he would grab my trousers by the hem and try and drag me in the house.

Great times :smt089 I wish I had him back..just one more time. :smt089

Ian
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 07:34 AM
well this is impossible for me all my dogs to me are the greatest in the world all give or have given me so much and taught me so much nope just cant pick one, even the ones that have gone to the bridge seem to appear in certain mannerisems of they ones( all4 )that I have now so I just must be so so lucky they love me and I love them wat else can I say
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 01:39 PM
goodness it's hard to say one over another Jas is my soul mate he has been really funny while I've been poorly he refused to eat I had to get up and stir his dinner and put it back down b4 he'd touch it lol Mark was most offended !!
Out of dogs that are no longer here it would have to be my grandparents little Cairn Rory he was our pal when we were kids we'd go on "adventures" through the Cornish countryside me, my brother and sis and our 2 cousins (we were the famous five) and Rory always came too... he was a proper little character bless him
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Sadie my Neo was the greatest dog i have ever owned, she was a rescue dog who had been kept as a scrap yard dog after 14 months of living rough on the scrap yard her owners tossed her aside and handed her over to rescue She was not housetrained, she was vicious and very headstong when we got her, but our love for Sadie shined through
It was hard work with her, and just at the point where everything was starting to work out with her, two bones in her back popped up and pinched her spinal cord £4000 later she was never right, but still had a quality of life even though she could not longer hold her head up and stand proud, and walked with a wobble we still loved her
I was also so worried about how she would react when our little one came along, but i need not have worried, Sadie took it all in her stride I lost her just over two years ago, the pain is still really raw when i think about her
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
Sadie my Neo was the greatest dog i have ever owned, she was a rescue dog who had been kept as a scrap yard dog after 14 months of living rough on the scrap yard her owners tossed her aside and handed her over to rescue She was not housetrained, she was vicious and very headstong when we got her, but our love for Sadie shined through
It was hard work with her, and just at the point where everything was starting to work out with her, two bones in her back popped up and pinched her spinal cord £4000 later she was never right, but still had a quality of life even though she could not longer hold her head up and stand proud, and walked with a wobble we still loved her
I was also so worried about how she would react when our little one came along, but i need not have worried, Sadie took it all in her stride I lost her just over two years ago, the pain is still really raw when i think about her

Olive!!! Bring the tissues its that time again
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 10:33 PM
one of the goldens i grew up with was amber and she was the most gentle kind loving dog i ever knew. we had four dogs when i was growing up but amber was my special friend she always stayed in my bedroom with me and followed me round and was playful up till the day she died, i still miss her and remember saying goodbye to her was the most painful thing i have ever done
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-02-2005, 08:39 AM
It would have to be Scamper - my luck dragon. i got him when I was six, and he was my best friend from then on. His mother was a pedigree 6month golden lab, his father was the local street maltese (with a step-ladder). He looked like Falkor from the never-ending storey. The most intelligent dog I have ever known. He was perfect in every way!!
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2005, 06:10 PM
the dog i worshiped the most and who realy worshiped me was lab X newfoundland named Donna. her owners let her live on herself and they never feed her and she had to sleep outside eventough it was freezing cold. she decided to find a new life with owner who would love her. nearby it was a stable where my horses were then. she came and we "fell inlove ". she followed me home (i came with bicycle) and spent the night at our house next day when i came from school she was witing and we went to ride i was riding and she followed every day like this for about a year, until her owners chained her but she released herself every time and we were together again they didnt like her and she hated them, my mother offered them quite ammount of money, but they insisted not to sell her one day in july 2 years ago donna didnt came, i waited, waited, cried and waited.... i didnt saw her since then i searched and i even checked at her owners, they said she was pts .... why didnt she came to me? they didnt want her to have a great life with me so they rather take her life away! i hope that she is waiting for me somewhere... somewhere where we will be happy..... in dog heaven maybe.... r.i.p. my Donna
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >