View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Sorry i don't breed!!!! Never would. My BC's are my pets. I love agility now. Don't work them with sheep. Only the dogs at the farm. And i love my dogs for what they are.
ANY responsible breeder KC reg ISDS reg whatever....if they are responsible enough then they would hipscore etc.
I won't breed so i don't have to think or worry about testing!

Mine are just loved!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2006, 12:35 AM
I know of dogs that have had HD even with a good hipscore. Border collies & WSD are different. BC are over bred to get their colour, standard etc. WSD aren't.
Now you have confused me totally

A dog with anything more than a 0:0=0 score has HD & a dog with such a score does not go on to develop HD

The ISDS record all their dogs as Working Sheepdogs AKA Border Collies

So what you are saying is that All dogs known as BC's are bred for their colour/breed standard alone & only WSD can work ?

Tell that to my B&W smooth coated bred from working parents with a view to producing working offspring regardless of coat or colour BC puppy he can't work two weeks ago he saw his first heifers(he's 7 months old)They were refusing to go where the farmer wanted them My totally untrained on cattle puppy faced the 10 + heifers(half his youg stock) & turned them back to where they needed to go & these heifers usually take three Aussie cattle dogs(who weren't on the farm at the time) to control BTW

I've already turned down several offers for my puppy from farmers & traillists-I don't part with any of my dogs & he was a gift from his breeder in any case. it isn't hard to get a good working sheepdog you just have to know the good breeders from the bad/poor ones

I won't breed so i don't have to think or worry about testing!
Until you get a dog with HD that you do agility with that you won't know about until he/she has problems I was going to do compitive agility with my dysplasic dog but didn't as his hip score was way to high & doing agility could have put undue stress on his hips
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3