Male 

06-01-2006, 05:02 PM

Blue Peter's Meg's puppies special

On BBC 1 now if anyone's interested
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Aren't they gorgeous. The dad of the pups was actually rescued. My friends WSD is son to Ned.
I felt myself welling up! After watching it, i thought i could never breed. I found it soooo upsetting when they went. They've all got lovely homes. I loved Henna, she looks as mad as my red & white BC.

Aaaaaaw i'm feeling all broody

No more collies!!!!!!!!!! 3's enough
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
They are beautiful dogs
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 06:23 PM
aww what a beautiful sight to see all megs pups growing up and all the good things they are going to do i cant wait till mine go to stud
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Not too bad didnt make it look too easy but more could have been said about health tests needed before mating

Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Mmmmmmm i do agree Gill. I hope it doesn't make it look as though breeding is all rosie & encourage people to breed because it looks nice.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Have to say it put me off. Not that i would ever think about breeding anyway.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
From the BP site
We've sent one off to mountain rescue, one off to hearing dogs, one is hopefully going to be a champion sheep dog and the other two are going to stay on our farm back in Durham, so Meg is going to be able to keep an eye on them.
From the Hearing Dog site re donated dogs
All breeds except working strain Collies and the guarding breeds will be considered.
Obviously not what you know but who you are

No record of Meg being hip, hearing, eye or DNA tested nor the father
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by willowish
Not too bad didnt make it look too easy but more could have been said about health tests needed before mating
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
No record of Meg being hip, hearing, eye or DNA tested nor the father
Why am I not surprised! Exactly why I don't watch programmes like that, now half the kids that watched it will either want a pup or plead with Mummy to breed from their "Meg". And when they do will they have health checks? Doubtful!
Sorry to sound pesimistic, but programmes like BP should try harder when airing such programmes to younger viewers, to educate for the future if nothing else.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Well they never X rayed/eye tested their Goldens & remember the reunion at a year old when all except the puppy being puppy walked by one of the presenters from the program got involved in an all out fight & the program actually ended a minute or two early due to "technical probs!!! Turned out later only the one off the program made it as a guide dog !

They are totally irresponsible & have been since the outset breeding Petra II(the first one died as a puppy & was replaced by a lookalike) to a mongrel ! I was a kid at the time & remember thinking how stupid it was & kept writing in asking what happened to Petra I only to get the reply that there had only been one Petra, years later of course they 'fessed up to the swop !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >