View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Otis is the only of ours we've had from birth and we decided ages before that if we had a dog, we would call him Otis, after this really naughty dog on the beach! His owner was running after him and he kept coming up to her, jumping up vertically and running off! Graham and I were laughing so much as all we could hear was "OTISSSSSS"!! So we thought we'd call our first male dog, Otis.
Jenny was called Jenny before we met her. I wanted to call her Jenny before we knew what she was called, after our friends rottie that I used to walk that was killed in a road accident
Guinness was called Glen before we got him. I didn't think it suited him so we called him Guinness as he's black and white and irish registered!!
Danny was called Danny before we got him and he knew his name. I wouldn't have chosen that but hey!!
Poppy had no name when we got her so we chose that as she's so pretty and a poppit!!
And as for Coco...she was called that by us (no name before) as she was so nuts when we got her that I said "she's loco"!! Hence Coco Loco ...and it stuck
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2012, 07:17 PM
phoebe was always phoebe, her name from breeder was diablo - i some times call her that when shes naughty. I did plan on my next doggy being called popcorn if a fawn or diesel if a brindle (after the sexy vin diesel) but its not worked as we never got a second bullmastiff as phoebe is to much hard work to have another.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 09:44 AM
daphni was going to be called Penelope and asbo was called bambi it soon changed when i realised how naughty he was i have names picked out for my next dogs, they wont end up with them though
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
No choice for Sadie. And the rescue called Benjie - Benjie, it does suit him though.

Louie was going to be a Jake - but then when I got his tags engraved they said Louie on it. Anyway - Screwy Jake doesn't sound as good as Screwy Louie

I don't have names planned for my next dogs - as I don't know what they will be.

The puppy I was supposed to be getting (then OH changed his mind and circumstances changed) was nicknamed "Pickles" by me.. no idea why.
But I think he would've been a "Billie" or an "Ollie" if he came here..

When I get a GWP depending on the sex (and I want a girl) it will have to be something short and perhaps German.
"Etta" or "Nixie" are my favourites for a female GWP.
I don't have any for males.

If I get a BC, I'd like a strange name.. something unusual. But I haven't thought that far ahead.

And names change once you get the dog.. or they stick.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
No choice for Sadie. And the rescue called Benjie - Benjie, it does suit him though.

Louie was going to be a Jake - but then when I got his tags engraved they said Louie on it. Anyway - Screwy Jake doesn't sound as good as Screwy Louie

I don't have names planned for my next dogs - as I don't know what they will be.

The puppy I was supposed to be getting (then OH changed his mind and circumstances changed) was nicknamed "Pickles" by me.. no idea why.
But I think he would've been a "Billie" or an "Ollie" if he came here..

When I get a GWP depending on the sex (and I want a girl) it will have to be something short and perhaps German.
"Etta" or "Nixie" are my favourites for a female GWP.
I don't have any for males.

If I get a BC, I'd like a strange name.. something unusual. But I haven't thought that far ahead.

And names change once you get the dog.. or they stick.
oooh ollie
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Most of mine have been second hand and have kept their names. I had a whole list of names for my TM puppy, none of which suited him when I met him and he ended up being called a name that had never even crossed my mind. I never choose names now as they tend to tell you their names when you get them.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
For years my imaginary Vizsla ( because I couldn't have a dog at the time and so had to have an imaginary one ) was called Brodie and I was sure that that would be the name that my real dog when we got him would be called.

Then, last August, we climbed Kilimanjaro and we sat watching the sun come up at Kibo camp and said to each other " wouldn't that be a great name for a dog" ?

So, when we went to see the litter we picked our Kibo and it suited him straightaway
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
We were going to call Murphy "Bruce"... but the more we said it, the more Australian we sounded, and it got to the point where you couldn't even say the word Bruce without sounding like a Neighbours extra.... so it ended up being Murphy, tho' mostly he gets called Smurf...
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Taz was almost called Sonny, his registered name is Shadiki Summer Son by Marzuku (My Rufus is his dad) but someone else called their dog Sunny before I had the chance, he is not a lot older than Taz so it would have got confusing!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5