View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BarbaraM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Mine are allowed onto the sofas - we have leather, so nice and easy to clean. We all benefit - I am kept lovely and warm in the winter, and the dogs.............. well they get to keep me warm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing better than a lovely doggy cuddle to cheer you up and keep you warm
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Likewise, if we're eating or drinking on the sofa then they know they're not allowed up and jump down when they see us coming.
Lily is funny as she will stay on the sofa if I'm eating but she won't look at me. When she was a little pup if she started to beg I would put her out of the room (with the door open) until she realised she mustn't sit and stare when we eat. It worked well as she can lay happily next to me when I eat and pointedly look away! Absolutely cracks me up when she does that!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Molly is allowed on the sofa but not when we are eating and not if she has one of her bone toys (because she dribbles when she chews them) or her cube (because she gets excited with Mr Cube and everyone ends up getting jumped on ) with her.

She's allowed on my bed if I'm upstairs with her and if I'm at my desk she is allowed to sit on the swivel chair with me as long as I'm not drawing/painting because she has a tendency to steal pencils/paintbrushes and get a little over excited
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Just as with allowing dogs in beds, my answer is a definitive no.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Dex my Labrador was never allowed on the sofas. He got the message straight away and never bothered.

My other two were, lets just say, extremely persistent. My originally intention was not to let them on the sofa and believe me I tried. I couldn't be bothered to keep getting them off in the end and gave up so...yes they are allowed on the sofas.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 06:05 PM
jake is only allowed up occassionally for cuddles, apart from that he just sleeps in his own bed like a good boy
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Midge would die if he wasn't allowed on the sofas!! He has his own, as it's only OH and I in house, then we have the big cream recliner sofa, and he has the smaller brown sofa. he does have an old bed sheet on it though, more for his own comfort, he'd pull the cushions down and make a bed that way! He does come on the cream sofa, he's quite good at squishing himself between me and OH, so we have to cuddle him!

Midge is allowed to do pretty much what he wants. He generally sleeps on the brown sofa, but if it's a colder night, then he'll jump in the cream one once we've got up, it's still warm then! If he can be bothered he'll take himself up to bed, the spare room is his when we don't have people staying, but even then, guest have woken up with Midge!! On occasion he sneaks into bed with me and OH!

Midge gets away with murder in my house!!

Although when we first got him, he was not allowed on the sofas or upstairs, and was crated when we were out, but now, he does as he pleases and it works for all of us!

x
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Hamish comes up on the sofa with us, but not if we are eating, or if there are visitors. He loves to snuggle in

I think me and hubby are soft tho, cos Hamish sleeps in our bed too.

Dee
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes! ......
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-05-2010, 06:33 PM
my 2 have their own settee and are allowed on that one only.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >