Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So glad you're getting the best from it with the HD there Bev - don't laugh, but we had to buy yet another one for that caravan now!!! It's only a 22" though I really rate these Samsung's I think the picture is fantastic, although Dave's in the lounge is the Pioneer, I still like the Samsung!

No, Dave does that bit downstairs at 6am coz he's not allowed to watch what he's taped until I'm in there with him to share it !!!

PMSL at you there answering your own question, I do that at times, when Dave's got his selective hearing switched on!!!

Yes, because you had a multi room, you now need hubby to take another wire back to the satellite for the recording bit on that Sky+, as the multi rooms only needed the one, so I know what he means, coz I saw Dave scrabbling about in the loft eaves (I nearly shut him in!!! ) and had to ask him what he was up to in there. Well you never know do ya!!!
yes I just heard him waffle on about how he needed 2 "thingies" instead of one............. blinded me with science
GoobaTroopa
New Member!
Male 

02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Is it worth it? No.

I dont think what I pay per month is worth what I get for my money. I think for the packaged that I have, every single channel should be in HD, no ifs, no buts.

However, the channels that are in HD are brilliant. Football will never be the same again. I cringe everytime Im at someone elses house watching a premiership game in SD.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm having doubts now as they charged us double what we should be paying not the "extra £10 a month" - on the phone to them for nearly 2 hours over 3 days - They tried to tell us we have 2 x HD boxes & 2x sky boxes!! Finally got it sorted & have been promised a refund within a week - they took the money last week - I wasn't a happy bunny!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh tell me about it!!!! I had actually totally removed one multi room, and although we already had the HD in the lounge, all I wanted to do was to swap the other multi room into a Sky+ or the Sky HD, and just like you, they said it would work out a lot cheaper because of what I was doing, plus I told them to take off the movies coz we never bothered with those. My monthly bill went from £60 down to £59 I think, so I blasted them over the phone and they blinded me with science telling me that it would all settle down the next month - it didn't!!! They have us by the you know what's though don't they, not a lot we can do! I did warn you about this £10 business which didn't quite work out on paper I wish we could get freeview here but we can't yet in this village, but I'll probably be changing over to that and doing away with this Sky and their exhorbitant charges!

So that's one HD box in the lounge and one upstairs, no movies, just the normal package, at £60 a month!!!! And another thing, they wouldn't do it "free" like they had advertised because again, just like you, we already had the ONE! Rant over! Lol!
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh tell me about it!!!! I had actually totally removed one multi room, and although we already had the HD in the lounge, all I wanted to do was to swap the other multi room into a Sky+ or the Sky HD, and just like you, they said it would work out a lot cheaper because of what I was doing, plus I told them to take off the movies coz we never bothered with those. My monthly bill went from £60 down to £59 I think, so I blasted them over the phone and they blinded me with science telling me that it would all settle down the next month - it didn't!!! They have us by the you know what's though don't they, not a lot we can do! I did warn you about this £10 business which didn't quite work out on paper I wish we could get freeview here but we can't yet in this village, but I'll probably be changing over to that and doing away with this Sky and their exhorbitant charges!

So that's one HD box in the lounge and one upstairs, no movies, just the normal package, at £60 a month!!!! And another thing, they wouldn't do it "free" like they had advertised because again, just like you, we already had the ONE! Rant over! Lol!
if you just want freeview you can cancel one of your sky subscriptions. You will recieve alot of the freeview channels on the satelite. You keep the sky box so just leave it plugged in
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Of course!!!!! Even though they say we can't have it in our area, we can get it through the Sky dish can't we I'm going to see what's available on Freeview, because going on what we got up at our caravan over the week-end, that wasn't a lot, and that was freeview. Thanks for that Ashman, it's worth giving it a try, even if only on the 2nd telly
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 09:21 PM

You did warn me ours was £59 a month before so with the HD should be £69 - they charged us double that & even when I logged on online it said we had 2 HD boxes & 2 sky plus boxes which we haven't! had to argue the toss with them!! We have 2 normal sky boxes in the kids rooms & they watch the freeview through that - our ariel freeview was rubbish even though we had a huge ariel on the roof trying to point in the right direction - so yes you can watch the freeview through sky! (still waiting for my refund!!)
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 09:22 AM
We had Sky HD at a cost of an additional £10 per month; then changed to Virgin Media who do us HD tv package, broadband, and telephone for a very decent price which is about £23 cheaper than Sky and they don't charge extra for the HD.
big paul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
We had Sky HD at a cost of an additional £10 per month; then changed to Virgin Media who do us HD tv package, broadband, and telephone for a very decent price which is about £23 cheaper than Sky and they don't charge extra for the HD.
We did the same and all in all are very heppy with it
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I do like the HD, although like a lot of you I am waiting...waiting ...waiting for a refund

What happend is I cancelled the broadband coz my son switched over to Virgin in his room with a wireless router. So I thought why pay twice. So am on his wireless and phoned them...wait for it...2 and one half years ago!!! and cancelled the broadband. Well as I pay direct debit I never even give it a thought...then on day 4 months or so ago I was looking through the service bit on the telly and thought I would check my invoices and lo and behold they have been charging me for the broadband for all that time

So I go on the phone and tell them, nice you Scottish lad tells me he will sort it...and how do I want my refund, as a couple of months free or back in me bank account...well you can guess what I said!!!

It turns out they owe me £250 and the last few months from last Dec they were charging me £15 a month for the broadband that I was only paying £5 a month for that I cancelled 2 1/2 years ago

Still waiting...........................................
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >