Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Rips, Did you ever get it sorted?....sadly I have lost my database access ATM, as Windows PC crashed and I'm using a Mac...breeders assistant doesn't work on there (

I do have my data but buying another crash-prone windows machine is not really in the game park right now, so i will be back to doing individual test COIs for a while.
No, looks like I'll need to pay £99 to be able to calculate over 5 gens. I will do, just waiting for my account to be "released" due to fraudulant activity!

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I knew I didnt want to read this thread you've both got me at it now.
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
LOL. Welcome to the sad-breeders-with-no-life-club

Numbering 3 and counting!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

Numbering 3 and counting!

And Shona: that is 4, Any more sad COI folk out there I wonder??
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:25 PM
sorry i know this thread is old, but im really really interested in doing this with mine and also helping a nana's friend with her papillons, but have no idea how to do it.. so any help would be great
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
sorry i know this thread is old, but im really really interested in doing this with mine and also helping a nana's friend with her papillons, but have no idea how to do it.. so any help would be great
I bought Breeders Assistant. I think it did cost about £100 and it was very useful, but it took me aggggeesss to input all of my dogs ancestors! Bit of a waste of time nowadays as the KC and some pedigree databases are doing it now.

Also I calculated Isla's pedigree to 10 gens and came out with 12%, the KC have come out with 18% so it looks like I may have missed some somewhere!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I bought Breeders Assistant. I think it did cost about £100 and it was very useful, but it took me aggggeesss to input all of my dogs ancestors! Bit of a waste of time nowadays as the KC and some pedigree databases are doing it now.

Also I calculated Isla's pedigree to 10 gens and came out with 12%, the KC have come out with 18% so it looks like I may have missed some somewhere!
see i thought that, but looking on the kc, they arent finding some of the dogs on there, but i know they are registered as they are written on the pedigree.. so i dont know, i think some of them are still having teething problems.. just thought it might be easier if i could do it myself..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:44 PM
who cant you find chlo?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see i thought that, but looking on the kc, they arent finding some of the dogs on there, but i know they are registered as they are written on the pedigree.. so i dont know, i think some of them are still having teething problems.. just thought it might be easier if i could do it myself..
It's certainly helpful to have, but inputting all the data becomes a full time hobby initially!

Do you not have breed databases? The English Springer pedigree database has COI included now and I'd trust their results more than the KC tbh!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:47 PM
You can do it on the KC website. Mate select.
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/se...p/Default.aspx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You can do it on the KC website. Mate select.
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/se...p/Default.aspx
I think clo already knows this but is having issues with it's accuracy!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Mate select is a good tool, just an extra something to help. But we must remember that the breed average is only such due to the average COI of the choosen breed for the previous year!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >