Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Neither really, very hard to say. Could be worse, could be better, eg father to daughter gives 25%.

My girl is 0% at 4 generations and 2.02% at 8 generations, this inspite of some very incestuous breeding at the foundation generations of 7 and 8.

Good practice says below 6% (and lower the better) at 10 generations which is what you need to have a complete picture. Keep inputting and backing up and let us know after Xmas (LOL).

mary
Ok here's my next question!

How do I change it so I can input 10 generations? Or do I have to buy the full version to do this?

I can only put in 4 generations at the mo and I need more!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Ok here's my next question!

How do I change it so I can input 10 generations? Or do I have to buy the full version to do this?

I can only put in 4 generations at the mo and I need more!
No, its all free, which is why I don't get why its use isn't more widespread. You have restrictions over printing out peds that is pretty much it, but plenty of ped templates around.

Check FAQs as this is from memory....

Click on a 4th generation dog in left hand column, and then more generations will appear as you add sire and dam of that dog...for some reason it only shows 4 gens of input at a time. I can't be more precise as the d'base is on the windows pc which isn't working atm...I'm using a Mac and currently looking for a way to run the database on the imac...so geeky. Looks like I shall need to partition the hd.

Mary
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 02:33 PM
No, its all free, which is why I don't get why its use isn't more widespread. You have restrictions over printing out peds that is pretty much it, but plenty of ped templates around.

Check FAQs as this is from memory....

Click on a 4th generation dog in left hand column, and then more generations will appear as you add sire and dam of that dog...for some reason it only shows 4 gens of input at a time. I can't be more precise as the d'base is on the windows pc which isn't working atm...I'm using a Mac and currently looking for a way to run the database on the imac...so geeky. Looks like I shall need to partition the hd.

Mary
Thanks Mary, much appreciated. I think I know where I'm going wrong. I'm using the trial version of Breeders Assistant and when I've used up all the space on the trial version it won't let me save anymore data and tells me I need to buy the full version. I'm just wondering if I should be using Pedigree Assistant instead? Is that the one you're using?
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks Mary, much appreciated. I think I know where I'm going wrong. I'm using the trial version of Breeders Assistant and when I've used up all the space on the trial version it won't let me save anymore data and tells me I need to buy the full version. I'm just wondering if I should be using Pedigree Assistant instead? Is that the one you're using?
Yes, it is. If you run out of space on that, I'd eat my hat, plenty of space for anoraks LOL.
M
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes, it is. If you run out of space on that, I'd eat my hat, plenty of space for anoraks LOL.
M
AHA! That's where I'm going wrong!

Thanks again Mary, I'm going to start my 10 generation COI calculations now!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Hmmm....

Pedigree Assistant is now also telling me I've filled the trial version!

Looks like I'll have to buy the full version after all?
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Hmmm....

Pedigree Assistant is now also telling me I've filled the trial version!

Looks like I'll have to buy the full version after all?

Why not write and ask them? They reply next working day.

I have breeders assistant (sorry, wwas right first time) and have unlimited records just restrictions on 'trial copy' superimposed on printing. Of course with all the emphasis on COI, I would not be surprised if they have changed it but it would have been within the last month, which is when I downloaded my most recent copy..
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Rips, Did you ever get it sorted?....sadly I have lost my database access ATM, as Windows PC crashed and I'm using a Mac...breeders assistant doesn't work on there (

I do have my data but buying another crash-prone windows machine is not really in the game park right now, so i will be back to doing individual test COIs for a while.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I knew I didnt want to read this thread you've both got me at it now.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I knew I didnt want to read this thread you've both got me at it now.
LOL. Welcome to the sad-breeders-with-no-life-club
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >