View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Oooh I'm itching to put an order in now, but I've got to run down the freezer a bit first so I can be sure I'll have enough room.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 08:50 AM
thought i would update with the food, seeing as they were fussy bu**ers last time!

they have had a beef pack which i mixed in with the tinned food we had in as well, to disguise it a bit. both of them ate all of it.

they had a chicken wing from them which they ate. they are a bit big though and asbo couldnt finish his.

this morning i gave them the lamb mince, on its own. daphni ate hers. she sniffed it, walked off, then walked back to it and cleared her bowl. asbo has been a bit fussier with it. he waited for the other two to finish their food, ate a bit, tried to bury the the rest, but one word from me and he has finished it off.

so all in all its going well so far. they will try chicken necks tonight, but they havent had them before.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I am sorry but I had to laugh at the thought of Asbo trying to bury something - only I then remembered Pereg trying to bury something [???] in the carpet - the result of which was a rather sore nose!

I do hope this new food suits them and you do not end up with food they will not touch.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am sorry but I had to laugh at the thought of Asbo trying to bury something - only I then remembered Pereg trying to bury something [???] in the carpet - the result of which was a rather sore nose!

I do hope this new food suits them and you do not end up with food they will not touch.
he always tries to bury something he doesnt want shoves at it with his nose even if there is nothing to bury it under!

it seems to be going well so far, they are eating it.. theyve tried two flavours out of the 7 i ordered. plus the chicken wings, and the necks which they will have for tea.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 06:37 AM
My order arrived yesterday, which was very swift. In fact they dispatched it before I had a chance to pay. My only regret was that I only ordered 70 lbs, because I wasn't sure I would have enough room in the dogs freezer. I think an empty chest freezer would take 100 lbs. One of the options was oily fish and green tripe, I think they'll be eating that one in the garden!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
My order arrived yesterday, which was very swift. In fact they dispatched it before I had a chance to pay. My only regret was that I only ordered 70 lbs, because I wasn't sure I would have enough room in the dogs freezer. I think an empty chest freezer would take 100 lbs. One of the options was oily fish and green tripe, I think they'll be eating that one in the garden!
I ordered two of the oily fish packs in case they don't like it. And then 5 tripe. Feeding tripe doesn't bother me

My freezer has fit in 35 lbs of meat and then some bags of bones. It can probably fit about another 20 lbs in.

I'm really pleased with it. They ate the chicken necks with gusto last night. And they've never had them before

My only problem is that I forgot to get the meat out to defrost last night so they can have anything for breakfast. But for tea they will be trying rabbit.

Feeding my 2 plus nana's, they get through about 1 lb a day when they don't have bone meal. Think I need to get some scales so I can weigh it out properly.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
I ordered two of the oily fish packs in case they don't like it. And then 5 tripe. Feeding tripe doesn't bother me

My freezer has fit in 35 lbs of meat and then some bags of bones. It can probably fit about another 20 lbs in.

I'm really pleased with it. They ate the chicken necks with gusto last night. And they've never had them before

My only problem is that I forgot to get the meat out to defrost last night so they can have anything for breakfast. But for tea they will be trying rabbit.

Feeding my 2 plus nana's, they get through about 1 lb a day when they don't have bone meal. Think I need to get some scales so I can weigh it out properly.

My husband asked what I would do with the fishy tripey one if they don't like it. I said I would cook it for us. . But seriously, I don't think I would get the chance because the only thing my boys won't eat is raw liver so I blast it in he microwave.

One of the polystyrene boxes broke and the driver was complaining his hands stank of fishy tripey stuff even though they were all still frozen.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
My husband asked what I would do with the fishy tripey one if they don't like it. I said I would cook it for us. . But seriously, I don't think I would get the chance because the only thing my boys won't eat is raw liver so I blast it in he microwave.

One of the polystyrene boxes broke and the driver was complaining his hands stank of fishy tripey stuff even though they were all still frozen.
Mibe wouldn't eat raw liver, now I just flash fry it, or they get liver portion in the liver treats I do. I wanted to order some of the choice chunks but they didn't have them, do they had beef and liver instead which I'm hoping they will eat.

I'm worried they won't like the rabbit and the venison as they haven't had it before.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 08:01 AM
just thought I'd update..

the dogs have now had the tripe which they have eaten, and the turkey

so needless to say im rather pleased, its all getting eaten

they just have the beef and liver flavour to try, the oily fish, and the one i think will be a problem, the venison.. but we will see and i will keep you updated.. if they eat it all, i will definitely be ordering from raw to go again
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 09:23 AM
another quick update, the dogs have eaten the rabbit which they loved! and also the venison they wolfed down this morning

so they just have the oily fish and the beef and liver to try.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >