View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Not nice Christine, but it's best in the long run as you will get to the bottom of it all - hugs to you xxx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I've also got to go back for a scan on my lungs, in one of those tunnel things, that's fine, but the last time I had one done I fell asleep
I always fall asleep in the MRI scanner

I know what you mean about falling apart. My nana sometimes says to me 'You need rubbing out and starting again!'.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 04:02 PM
o poor you ,its horrible ,when they mess you about isnt it , good luck with all your tests ,i hope they leave you alone then
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Oh Christine, what an ordeal to go through

Hopefully it isn't anything to worry over I think hospitals are the sort of places where your mind runs amok with worry

Hugs to you xxxxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Foo View Post
Glad you're being sorted.. I was worried about my angiogram until a daft friend of mine said it was Anita Dobson turning up as a suprise guest at a party!!! Yes silly I know but sure made me giggle and cheered me up!
Thanks hun I really hope one of those if a long, long way off

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Not nice Christine, but it's best in the long run as you will get to the bottom of it all - hugs to you xxx
Thank you hun I know its all for the best, but I just wish it was all over

Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I always fall asleep in the MRI scanner

I know what you mean about falling apart. My nana sometimes says to me 'You need rubbing out and starting again!'.
My list of complaints is rapidly increasing, and none of them seem easier to spell
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
o poor you ,its horrible ,when they mess you about isnt it , good luck with all your tests ,i hope they leave you alone then
Thanks hun

Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh Christine, what an ordeal to go through

Hopefully it isn't anything to worry over I think hospitals are the sort of places where your mind runs amok with worry

Hugs to you xxxxxx
Thanks hun, In a strange way, I hope they do find something wrong, then it will explain all the problems I'm having right know
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 11:48 AM
OMG, Ive just got the appointment through for the swallowing thing, next Thursday it's called a Video Swallow sounds painfull

I'm now officially in panic mode
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Try not to panic hun (easy for me to say, I know).

In some ways I wish they would give you appointment at really short notice - e.g. "your appointment is..this afternoon"...at least that way you wouldn't have time to worry about it.

I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as you're imagining.

((((hugs)))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 12:54 PM
It's also called an endoscopy, and it's a simple procedure Christine, so try not to worry too much. They always give you a sedative and numb your throat as you swallow it anyway, so it'll be a piece of cake. I think Vicki has had this done???! Think yourself lucky, my husband is having the other end job next week!!! Now that IS something to worry about! You'll be fine, it's nothing to worry about.x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 01:18 PM
OMG H, you really had me panicking, so I've just phoned the hospital, and although I only spoke to the appointment clerk, she assured me it wasn't an endoscopy, and that it just involved either a barium (sp) swallow, or they may get me to eat a biscuit or something and take xrays of me swallowing, I think it's similar to what I had done before, still panicking, but I've stopped shaking now

Thanks Hali, I agree a phone call to say come in at 2pm today would have been far better I do tend to get myself into a bit of a state when it's a test I've not had done before, I know I'm in for a good few sleepless nights and I'm going to be quite tearfull as well untill it's all over
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Poor you Christine, good luck with everything and I hope all the results are good.
Thinking of you
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >