Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Personally-i would tile the entire surface in imatation 'saltillo' tiles.These can be ordered at most builders merchants and are totally frost proof cause they're made from concrete-unlike genuine terracotta saltillo which would crack in winter.

They have a orangey/yellowey appearance and makes a sunny garden look like the med with a few strategicaly placed plants!
These sound GREAT- I need to check these out- would I need to pour a thin concrete base over the existing one to set the tiles in to ??
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:04 PM
just sand and cement
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird
just sand and cement
Yep thats the simplest cheapest option easier than tiles; will hide the cracks, and I can paint it whatever colour I want
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie
These sound GREAT- I need to check these out- would I need to pour a thin concrete base over the existing one to set the tiles in to ??
Nope-just wet lay them with mortar and then brush a dry sand/cement mix to grout them.Price wise-expect to pay approximately £25-£30 per square metre and the tiles are 400mm x 400mm so they're not very big,but look good.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie
Yep thats the simplest cheapest option easier than tiles; will hide the cracks, and I can paint it whatever colour I want
If your gonna concrete over the top of old-brush a diluted PVA mix over the entire surface otherwise the new concrete will delaminate in very little time and ensure the new surface is minimum of 10mm thick.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all the tips/info guys !!
depurple1
New Member!
Female 

29-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Someone down the road from me had a concrete patio, and they put slate tiles on it, then put galvanised troughs around the edge with box hedging planted in them. It looks nice
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2