View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Personally I think it is not only irresposible but also stupid for a bitch in season to be walked where there are offlead dogs. Before my bitches were spayed, they got lead walks in season, along the road, this was no guarentee that you wouldn't meet loose dogs though, without an owner present, so I also carried a water spray to deter them.

I really don't think it's fair for bitch owners to expect entire dog owners to keep them away from a bitch in season, it is also risky for their bitch and they need to take responsibility for that. If an entire bitch gets loose while in season, she is just as likely to run off looking for a mate as an entire dog is.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by vilmusius View Post
Thanks again everybody!

I do watch Torres very closely, but he is very cheeky. There was no sign of different behaviour until I took the leash off. Then he just took off full speed to the other side of the field. He is very clever little dog. I asked a trainer at dog training school were we go every sunday. He advised against neutering as he is such a lovely dog in every other way. My husband, who was not keen on neutering anyway, said "you see, I told you so". I guess it's "man solidarity" .
the thing with your trainer though, is that he is male. some males, not at all but many, have a thing about not wanting to neuter. and even if your dog is lovely in every other way, that wont change if he gets neutered. he will still be lovely.

i just think it is always better to do whatever you can to prevent unwanted puppies in the world, and for me, that is never letting them offlead. if jake was entire, i would never risk letting him offlead. which is why i got him neutered.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3