Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 01:08 PM
This thread is making me hungry lol

One of my favorite and simple dishes is Fish with Saute Potatoes and crispy Asparagus.

Boil potatoes, for the healthy option stop here. Otherwise let them cool a little, and slice. Shallow fry in butter/Olive oil. Season.

Place fish on foil (any fish you like, I usually use salmon) Season with whatever takes your fancy. For me it is usually fresh Chilli's, Lemon juice and coriander. Wrap up into a parcel and place in moderate oven for 15-20 mins.

For the Asparagus you can either just steam it for the healthy option or for a treat dip in milk, roll in plain flour and shallow fry in olive oil until tender.

Mmm What to make for dinner tonight?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Try panfrying a salmon fillet in a chinese sauce (Blue Dragon sachets) i like the Hoisin or Teriyaki with some noodles and some stir fry veg - delicious !

Or a piece of haddock or cod with an olive/tomato tapenade spread on top, baked in the oven with saute potatoes and green beans
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 09:54 PM
What about vegetable stew,
I usually use potatoes, carrots, shallots, cauliflower and mushrooms but use whichever veg you like.
Just cut them up, add stock (marigold, or veg puree paste are good) to cover, bring to boil then simmer until ready, about 25mins usually.
I usually make enough for 2 portions and have with puff pastry one night and some rice the next.
A good accompaniment to fish is some potatoes boiled with carrots and shallots and just mashed up with a little butter.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2