Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You're not bovvered though Jackie are you!!!!! That's the last place you want to go back to I'm sure!!!

Terrible isn't it! I was only saying the other night how lovely the nurses all were in the assessment surgical ward where we first saw her and Dave said that's only because they come and go in there, they don't have them for long do they, and he said, wait till they get her in the other ward where they're fed up with them all, then you'll notice a difference, and sadly he was right!

The fact that she's in a care home now, might mean they will discharge her sooner than if she still lived with us, so hopefully, after tomorrow's op, she might get out of there by Saturday if she's lucky. If not, if she spots a zimmer anywhere near her, she'll be discharging herself if I know her!!!

Yes Helen but i do have to go back to have this hernia sorted out soon wonder what they will do to me
maybe they will refuse to have me on their ward but i dont care, i will speak my mind and moreso when it concerns me

yes i found them lovely on the ASW when i was in and like Dave says it is because it is a fast turnover, they dont have patients for long
but it still dont give the wards the right to treat people like that, it aint our fault we are in hospital in the first place

you do know dont you that if you take your mum food you have the right to use their microwave to reheat it

i really hope your mum gets her operation and gets back to the carehome soon
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Yes Helen but i do have to go back to have this hernia sorted out soon wonder what they will do to me
maybe they will refuse to have me on their ward but i dont care, i will speak my mind and moreso when it concerns me

yes i found them lovely on the ASW when i was in and like Dave says it is because it is a fast turnover, they dont have patients for long
but it still dont give the wards the right to treat people like that, it aint our fault we are in hospital in the first place

you do know dont you that if you take your mum food you have the right to use their microwave to reheat it

i really hope your mum gets her operation and gets back to the carehome soon
No I didn't know that Jackie!!! That's music to my ears then, coz here I am getting a bit worried that they won't even let me feed it to her!! They can't stop me feeding her my own food then?? I have to get myself psyched up ya see, and I was ready for battle over this meal, but seems like I've got myself all worked up for nothing then!!!! You're a star, thanks for that then, and good luck with your next admission then (lol! I'd like to be reading YOUR notes!!! Wonder what they put about you, hmmmmmmm )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Just got back from a very long visit. Her beaming smile when she saw me lit up the room as it always does, and everyone said, "oh look at her now"!!! The chicken casserole went down a wow, but unfortunately, it got interrupted coz the nurse was very concerned that her bp had dropped and dropped, so she had to call the doc. It was the same lovely young guy we saw the other night and I think he's built up a bit of a rapport with dear old mum, he seemed to tune into her soh and had a good laugh with her as he stuck the iv in for the drip, which she didn't like, but then there's nothing of her, so it must have hurt.

I will be ringing them later to see if that bp has gone up, which he said it should do after the drip goes in, BUT, the nurse made a blunder, coz he said 1/2 of it or something and then half again, and she came over and wasn't happy that she'd given mum too much, but said she was so busy and she couldn't stop it anyway???!!! I know nothing about that!

Anyone know what the prognosis is then for this bp to keep dropping like this? The doc said he was worried it was fluid on her chest so he had a good listen, but didn't tell me anymore. I asked what the current bp was and he said it was ok at 80? I will have to do some googling now then!

Just as I was leaving she said they have made her ill now, and when I asked what she meant, she said she didn't feel well at all I told her that was because she hadn't been drinking, she was dehydrated and consequently her bp had plummeted and she was to go to sleep and she'd feel much better later on when the drip had finished. I will be ringing them though, I'm not happy about this. Oh dear, more trauma
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Big hugs hun. Hope you get your dear old mum sorted soon. xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope she's feeling better soon hon xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Just checking in and wondered how things were H? We are thinking of you all xxxxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I was wondering as well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys. I rang them at 12 mid=day like they said I could, and was told she was going to be the first down this afternoon at 2.00pm, and then the op would take 2 hours, and then she'd be in recovery, so I'm actually sitting here now waiting to ring them, but of course, I'm a bit windy about ringing and then I think it might be too early yet, and then I'm thinking shall I just go down there so I'm there for when they bring her back to the ward? I think I might just do that.

She won't want to eat tonight will she after the aneasthetic, so I'll take her a yoghurt or something and just be there for her. Let you know when I get back then. I feel sick
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
(((Hugs))) Helena thinking of you and Mum. Xx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
H - Thinking of you both.
What about some little soft jelly sweets - I always like those when I am feeling poorly

((Hugs))
Page 8 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »