View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Irish Staffords or ISBT are not a recognised breed and are thought by some to have been either bred to mimic the pitbull or indeed are pitbull called ISBT to try to avoid problems although they are listed in the DEFRA banded dog list as being of type.
dawgonecrazy
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Ive never heard of them (ISBT) but ive been wondering about some ads ive seen for american staffies I know there is such thing as an american staffy but i see them saying "pink nose american staffy" are these infact pitbulls or crossed with pitbulls?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by dawgonecrazy View Post
Ive never heard of them (ISBT) but ive been wondering about some ads ive seen for american staffies I know there is such thing as an american staffy but i see them saying "pink nose american staffy" are these infact pitbulls or crossed with pitbulls?
The whole area of Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Staffordshire bull Terrier etc is a mine field really and, personally, I feel it is best to stay away from such labels because of the connection with Pit bull type and the danger dogs can be put the dog in.

I believe both of these types of dog are classed as pit bull type.

Like i say, it is a minefield. As someone who owns a large staffordshire bull terrier cross (she has a minimal ammount of labrador in her) i make it very clear to people who describe her as an "irish" or "more pit bull like|" that she is i fact part labrador.

I have also worked really hard to make her as gentle and as bomb proof as possible. She is only allowed out with either myself, my partner or the dog walker as i feel it is my duty to protect from any false allegations. She adores people, children and other dogs......and is a little smasher!

P.s. beautiful puppy !
baztop3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks again all, I got her from a friend of a friend who had a litter of 6-7 and thankfully they are more intrested in finding good homes than making money from them.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by baztop3 View Post
Thanks again all, I got her from a friend of a friend who had a litter of 6-7 and thankfully they are more intrested in finding good homes than making money from them.
That's good to hear.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
yes, you should be careful that you havent got a dog which has a artificial breed name to cover up its pit bull type status.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
yes, you should be careful that you havent got a dog which has a artificial breed name to cover up its pit bull type status.
Don't think that will have happened in this case the OP would know the friends bitch and would be aware if it is a Staffie or a ISBT or a pit look a like. Even if it is not registered there is a difference and most people would know a staffie when they saw one particularly if they are a breed they admire which it would be if they are going to buy one.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
people lets not go OT here - this is supposed to be a picture thread about someones new puppy nota discussion thread about the right and wrongs of what it is called etc etc.,

beautiful pup - look forward to more piccies.
baztop3
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Hello again all, Ive actually seen the stud and the mother of this pup there both blue staffys. Anyway heres a few more pics i took thismorning.

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
where do you live i think i might have to come and kidnap her - she is just too cute !!!!
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »