Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Morning all,

Oh boy, Lynn, good luck with the house hunting, I hope you find something you like.

Malka *hugs* to you and little Pereg, I am so sorry to hear she has had more seizures. I hope she and you recover soon and the disruption stops with you having a lowered kerb.

Bev, hope you can find a new place for your unwanted guests. Not being scared of hedgehogs, I would love to be watching them at the bottom of my garden.

My day has got off to a great start. Not. The Press and Journal has my ex detachment commander on the front of the paper accused of sexual offences with kids in his school and cadets. I've been kind of involved in helping some of the kids in cadets deal with being in court, and trying to be a sympathetic ear for them. I am frigging furious, we brought this up last year, he was interviewed by the police but they didn't have enough evidence so the powers that be couldn't justify binning him. However as soon as he was interviewed again he was out of cadets. I'm raging that he wasn't charged the first time and that we didn't spot it earlier.

Never mind, the barsteward is up on charges, and I'm sure justice will prevail.

The rest of my day, well, housework comes to mind. Lots of housework. It's sunny at the moment but rain is forecast for later. The plan is to tidy, polish, study a bit then get going on a training programme for cadets. Fun and games.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Oh Malka So sorry for poor Pereg she must wonder whats going on poor girl, and not to mention all the worry you are going through caring for your dear girl, must be awfully hard to watch her (((hugs))) sent your way xxx
Lore that is disgraceful he was allowed to continue with those type of accusations over his head, hope he gets his come uppance, although I don't believe they ever get the punishment on them that they inflict on others, how sad
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Eileen and TW but I never got round to the banana loaf
We went to a garden centre.....well where does the time go? Bought 2 pot/mums for the patio. We have got friends arriving next week and everything in the garden is dying off so we wanted to replace somethings.
Sorry to hear that Pereg is still not well
My son went back to work today after his stroke. He is just doing mornings at the moment. He seemed to cope today so fingers crossed.
I will maybe make banana loaf to morrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Nippy..... I was just making a coffee to go with the banana cake....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I've been onto MBNA and I actually spoke to the same guy I spoke to initially yesterday. I was asking if he could send me the list of people who had taken my card,as I am flaming furious he is getting away with this and wanted the companies to up their credit checks over the phone. However the guy said to me that he himself had been in touch with the companies yesterday in an effort to get some of the money back for me, and they had all refused Lovely to know that someone tried to do something for me despite the fact that no one wanted to know about it at the other end.
Hope Pereg is OK now and you too Malka and you somehow got through to the macelot, did Ram have to come over or have you got her settled now.
Bone run went OK and got bags of bones sorted and in the freezer and sat down having a drink and planning my strategy.
Next time I talk to the police (hopefully it will be when they get him) I am going to ask if they can at least confront him with it in the hope he admits it and then maybe I can get some recompense that way. Must be lovely to go through life not paying for anything, some of the stuff on that statement was like an advert for an Ideal Life. Something called Home Planners Guide, Netflix, a company called A O Artwork and I lost the will to live after that!!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Oh TW, what on earth has he done with the stuff he used the card for sold it? It must be heartbreaking for you. I am glad the card people obviously feel partially responsible for what has happened. |Obviously not enough checks were done. My bank stopped my card once which was very inconvenient because it was for my grocery delivery from Tesco. I had to use my debit card instead fortunately I had the money in the bank if I hadn't I wouldn't have got my food order. It appeared that someone on the internet had used my card number to do with a bet on the horses or for the paper Racing post and the bank knowing the use I make of my card thought this isn't right and put a stop on it. I am glad they did but only because they saw my pattern of shopping. Not enough Banks use this discretion to twig when a fraud is occurring. I just hope in your case that if the police can get him to confess to the fraudulent use of your card that you should get most of the expenditure back. I do feel for you. Moyra
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Awe June you must be in bits having to go through all that. It gets worse doesn't it
Hope the househunting is going well Lynn & you've found something by now.
Sorry to hear Pereg isn't well again Malka. Hope she's settled down by now.

Off & on showers again here today. I've got two lines of washing out so I'm hoping it dries in between the showers.
It started raining when we were out & the ground was so hot the Tarmac started steaming as soon as the rain hit it - it looked weird actually All dried up by the time it had stopped raining for 10 minutes.
I met a friend in the park & she was telling me another girl we know who had 2 gt Danes that Connie the youngest one had died of a heart attack aged just 3. Such a shame I knew her from when she was about 12 weeks old & coming out with her big ( & i mean big) brother Norman.
((((Hugs))) to everyone who needs them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 03:32 PM
JENNY,
How can you disappoint my taste buds like that?
Was so looking forward to banana cake More so due to the fact that I've never tried it before!! Guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow
It's good you had a nice trip to the garden centre though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 03:32 PM
They've always queried stuff, but it has always been when my son has asked to use the card and given me the money upfront, so I have told them it is OK. The main recipient is this A O Artwork and I can't find them and haven't a clue who they are because I too am fascinated by what he has used it for. So of course it was never queried because I had OK'd them already.
At least I have got some sort of dialogue going with them now and they are obviously sympathetic to me and what has happened. As soon as I can get rid of the excess that is gone over then I can have my card cleared for use again - well not THAT one obviously, but I will get a new one with a new pin number, so I can't really ask for more than that.
Just goes to show that he had saved my details for later as it were, so this has been planned for a very long time.
I hardly use my card except if I need it for dire emergencies, so it had some credit available as I had been paying double what the payments were so as to get it right down, after the bashing it got when all the puppies were ill.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the support I'm getting, it is so appreciated.
Taffsmum, I have a friend in the village who breeds Danes and they rarely live much beyond 5 or 6 because of this heart problem. She just has a couple of litters when they are young, then they are spayed and have a lazy life because she says their lives are far too short.
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »