Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 03:24 PM

How to make popcorn toppings?

Ok, so making popcorn at home is simple enough.

But .... how can I make it with toppings. Sprinkling sugar over the popcorn doesnt work as it sinks to the bottom of the bowl.

So any ideas? Do I melt the sugar and then pour it over popcorn??
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:00 PM
have no idea really - but what about drizziling honey over it?

sounds nice to me!
jodie x
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:02 PM
That could work, but Im not sure if the pieces of popcorn would go soggy?

Will have to experiment later!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
It does go soggy and it's too sticky to pick up too.....lol. My daughter has a pop corn maker, but no instructions on flavouring
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I have got a duck popcorn maker that I haven't used yet. There is a book with it and it has these flavourings in.

Popcorn Desert

25g smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
2-3ttbsp double cream
ice cream
chocolate sugar strands

Put the peanut butter and syrup in a large pan and heat, stirring continously until the peanut butter has melted. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute then stir in the cream. Cook for another 30 seconds or so then remove from heat. Allow to cool for a few minutes then add the popcorn and stir gently, coating the popcorn evenly. Place scoops of ice cream into serving bowls and top with the popcorn. Sprinkle with chocolate sugar strands.

Chocolate flavouring

100g plain chocolate
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp golden syrup

Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large pan along with the butter and syrup. Heat gently and allow the mixture to melt, stirring occasionally. When all the chocolate has melted bring the mixture to the boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the popcorn. Stir gently until the popcorn is evenly coated with the mixture. Allow to cool and serve. Eat the same day.

Cheese flavouring

75g crumbled cheese (type is up to you)
3 tbsp creme fraiche
2 celery sticks (finely chopped)
1 small onion (peeled and grated)
50g Walnuts (finely chopped)

Place the cheese and creme fraiche in a large pan. Heat gently until the cheese melts. Stir in the onion and celery and continue cooking for a further 1-2 minutes. Stir in the walnuts and remove from heat. Add the popcorn and stir gently until it is evenly coated. Serve.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Popcorn is easily made in the microwave then...
Make a simple toffy coating by melting one ounce of butter and two tablespoons of golden syrup in a thick bottom pan, let it bubble than stir in the popcorn until coated..allow to cool.

A good tip is to heat the tablespoon in a mug of boiling water before spooning out the syrup so that it runs more easily