View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

22-01-2008, 11:06 PM
What gorgeous dogs you have Love that piccy playing tug-of-war! My Loki loves to play that game but I am the other half of the tug team and she always wins!

Like that one above as well.

Look forward to seeing more of them
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
the patterdale is 90% pat and 10% whippet with no greyhound in him at all so we figure he is a mixed breed, whereas the lurcher came from working stock and was bred as a large working hunter he is abot 75% geyhound with around 25% saluki so we know he is a lurcher proper.
Rest assured, both are indeed Lurchers `proper`
A lurcher does`nt have to be part Greyhound to be a Lurcher - any sighthound in any percentage crossed with anything else is a Lurcher `proper`

My Lurcher is Saluki x Border Collie - no Greyhound in him - he has had the thumbs up as a very nice Lurcher from someone well known in the Lurcher world and I did ask his views on what makes a Lurcher a Lurcher - his response is as above - any sighthound crossed with anything else and in any percentage is a Lurcher, and don`t let anyone tell you different

In other words, you have two absolutely gorgeous Lurchers
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I bet they have great fun and games together
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Lovely pictures of your two
bedlam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Gorgeous

Just out of interest - you have on your posting profile that you have one lurcher and one whippet cross - why don`t you put two Lurchers as that`s what they both are
just found out yesterday that the pattxwhip is actually known as a sub breed of lurcher called a whirrier or tumbler, so yes technically hes a lurcher but more accurately a whirrier, a word used to promote a litter of lurchers as exceptional pups.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 09:53 PM
They are lovely
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2