View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
We both work full time and have 2 dogs. we leave around 7.45 in the morning and home for around 5.30 but we have a dog walker who takes them out 3 times a week and charges £11.50 for them both per day, the other 2 days my dad comes round to sit with them in the morning till around 1.30 then they on there own till we get home.

Sound like you got a laid back boy and dont think you will have any problems leaving him.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Doesn't sound like you'll have any problems leaving moon whilst you go to work. I've had to leave mine to work but for the last 4 months, he has been with me 24hrs a day almost as i was working him - now with the change in my situation, i have to retrain him to be on his own as i cannot take him to work all the time.

I think they do enjoy the 'me' time and as long as they get a walk and attention when you are home, it still makes for a happier, more balanced dog.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I think when its a Pup its completely different, when Lady was a Pup we made sure there was someone to pop in.

Now she's grown up we just make sure certain things happen

- she gets vigorous excercise in the morning before i go out - this means i'm up at 5am
- on the days where we know we'll be away for a long time we use the dog walker, about once or twice a week
- have done the radio thing
- can do the kong thing
- careful with feeding - light feed in the morning, heavier in the evening so the dog doesn't end up stressing over needing the toilet

the most important aspect for me is the morning excercise
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4