Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Breezay View Post
People like this shouldn't be allowed pets. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen & I honestly cannot believe that people on here agree with it.
One of those poodles is a rescue, one has lost a leg due to cancer, why shouldn't those people have pets.
Dressing dogs up in clothes is a similar controversial subject but at least with these poodles it's not causing any discomfort.
It's not something I would do to a dog, I like my dogs to look like dogs, but I can't see any reason to condemn people who do this.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Although I have my doubts about it, mainly cause it is only something the American's would do (sorry any Normal Americans), I do think it is amazing. The time it took to create some of these, and the patience getting the dog to stand long enough.

If you read the comments below, you see that one dog was done in stages, one dog actually gets jealous of the attention if his pal is done before him, so the owner does him too.

I still however say
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 09:20 AM
hmmm...I'm on the fence here. Whilst I think that from an artistic point of view it's amazing, I'm not sure about colouring dogs. I'm not into doggy clothes or painting their nails and stuff either and I couldn't imaging being seen out with them, BUT I'm sure they are very well loved and cared for.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I have seen this done on samoyeds before on a TV documentary, but despite searching I can't find any pics of a clipped sammy online....

I'm er... on the fence too I guess... I mean I'm sure they love them and they have all the best of everything. erm... It's clearly artistic and skilled and ...

nope.. seems weird
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I have to say I don't like it much but there is far worse that can be done to a dog.
I think it's a little degrading to the dogs BUT they must be the centre of their owners world to do that and that can't be a bad thing.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm on the fence too
While I think it is a bit degrading for the dogs, although I dont think the dogs know this It does show art one of its more bizarre forms. Na..not for me I'm afraid, I like a dog to be a dog too and I have never seen a naturally green dog, or one with a hump!!!!

Elaine x
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2009, 09:44 PM
mmm it really clever and like janiem says the dogs must mean everything to the owners! it is very stange though lol
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2