Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Do they get under your door or something - my mum used to get them in her kitchen too and they went under the washer. You could do with a pet hedgehog
yeah I have an old house with lots of gaps and cracks- easy for them to get in-they even crawl over Minnies dried food at night... maybe I feed them too well ?LOL
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I would suggest trying to find out where they're getting in and solving that rather than eliminating them which is only a short term solution.

Try looking for very small holes in brickwork,badly worn weather strips around doors,rotten door frames/windows.Old shrunken door sills are likely places for slugs to get inside.

Also,has your house got a suspended floor (If it has,your footsteps 'clomp' when you walk).If so-check around the edges where floor meets skirting as these sometimes drop slightly and if its big enough-pests can get in so pump some expanding foam into the gap.

Short term solution for slugs-beer trap!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks Steve- there are plenty of gaps in my house....hard to find them. I need to see where the trails are and section off these areas- then maybe I can find out where they are getting in.Once they get in they seem to hang around - too much dog food available in the cupboards....
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Do they get under your door or something - my mum used to get them in her kitchen too and they went under the washer. You could do with a pet hedgehog
I'd get Hugh, the hedgehog we rehabilitated, to come and eat them, but last night he went on a mammoth walkabout and isn't home yet!!

I agree with finding where they are getting in if you can - sort that and you sort the problem. In the meantime? No idea!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:58 PM
i can only add to what eveyone else has said salt and find out where there coming in from hope you get it sorted
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2