Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hazel pritchard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
ah the good old counter surfing! why do you think i opted for a small dog this time!

my old lurcher would have anything that he could sneak off the counter. in his younger days he was even known to jump up onto the counter to get food placed ontop of the grill!

looks like jake is officially a teenager now!
LOL i have a small one and he is a counter jumper !!!! thats why i started agility with him ,,,,, hes good at agility but still a counter jumper when im out,either that or i have a ghost with muddy paws
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
lol, wish i had opted for a smaller dog... although can lots of small dogs not jump up? if jake jumped up, i think he would fall off coz he is too big

i hope he isnt a teenager now... was hoping he would just skip past that stage :lol:

no chance I thought that about Tilly, she had a small teenage stage at around 6 months, then was really good. but now she's nearly 12 months she is an official Kevin - she nicked hubs bacon sandwich when she was younger, well she nicked the bacon & left the bread!! how kind of her. Now she's a serial counter surfer & it doesn't need to be edible - mobile phones, cigarettes, important letters! anything that's worth stealing my worktops have never been so tidy now!!
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Love it!!
admit it guys,, you'd hate it if they were all good as gold, it would only make them boring!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by hazel pritchard View Post
LOL i have a small one and he is a counter jumper !!!! thats why i started agility with him ,,,,, hes good at agility but still a counter jumper when im out,either that or i have a ghost with muddy paws
i think you do

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
no chance I thought that about Tilly, she had a small teenage stage at around 6 months, then was really good. but now she's nearly 12 months she is an official Kevin - she nicked hubs bacon sandwich when she was younger, well she nicked the bacon & left the bread!! how kind of her. Now she's a serial counter surfer & it doesn't need to be edible - mobile phones, cigarettes, important letters! anything that's worth stealing my worktops have never been so tidy now!!
oh no, dont tell me that i cant imagine jake worse than he is! although, i do have to say, the one thing he doesnt touch is mobiles and remotes etc... he will touch everything else though.

oh, and i also came home to find that he had been in trouble for de-arming (not weapons, actual arms ) my nieces little people toy... poor wee man... and he was meant to be a mechanic...

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Love it!!
admit it guys,, you'd hate it if they were all good as gold, it would only make them boring!!
lol, your right! my old dog was good as gold, and although i loved him and didnt think he was boring... he wasnt as funny
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Oh Jake is growing up and is finding out how to get things off benchtops
Imagine if you had a yummy smelling dinner just there for the taking. I am sure Jake tried not to do it the urge just got too much.
Now he has figured it out means you have to try and be trickier than him and put them where he has no chance of getting them.
As for eating mobile phone etc... what the hell do you do then?? I imagine the phone ringing after jed has swallowed it as he would not need to chew it!!!!
As for eating stories my sister and hubby had two beagles, that ate anything and everything, sunglasses (worth a fortune), mobile phones, rip clothes up (loved undies), the loo rolls were never safe, I think they ate her make up once of course shoes, nothing was off limits, when we can to visit you had to be careful to put everything up and make sure doors were shut at all times.
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2009, 09:26 AM
lol emrad our two boxers were partial to the kids toys..remote controls and shoes and anything they cud get there paws on it was like a military mission every time we went out ahhh good times outweighed the bad tho ..
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I went to visit my mum the other day and we decided to keep my dogs in the conservatory (I had brought the travel crate with me for Anubis but discovered that he had outgrown it). We went out shopping for a few hours leaving my dad in charge, but when we got back we discovered that my dad had fallen asleep and their conservatory looked like it had been hit by a tornado! There was torn newspaper EVERYWHERE, onions scattered all over, the dining table in the opposite position from where it normally sits, my mums orchids on the floor or knocked over... Apparently my dad didn't hear any of it going on *sigh*
Harvey's Mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
me too lol

ooo what a naughty doggy! that made me laugh though did any of them know where it had been?
They didn't at the time but they do now lol......some things you have to wait a few years before telling your kids the truth......we all laugh about it now lol
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Oh Jake is growing up and is finding out how to get things off benchtops
Imagine if you had a yummy smelling dinner just there for the taking. I am sure Jake tried not to do it the urge just got too much.
Now he has figured it out means you have to try and be trickier than him and put them where he has no chance of getting them.
As for eating mobile phone etc... what the hell do you do then?? I imagine the phone ringing after jed has swallowed it as he would not need to chew it!!!!
As for eating stories my sister and hubby had two beagles, that ate anything and everything, sunglasses (worth a fortune), mobile phones, rip clothes up (loved undies), the loo rolls were never safe, I think they ate her make up once of course shoes, nothing was off limits, when we can to visit you had to be careful to put everything up and make sure doors were shut at all times.
Tilly's destroyed my last 2 mobile phones - once she's bitten through the LCD screen, that's it they won't work! Only consolation was that I sold my last "dog chewed" phone on ebay as " dog chewed spare parts" as all the other bits were still in the box & I got £45 for it & it cost £60 new! (I put it on for 99p start price) I now have a £9.99 basic mobile - which she hasn't touched - typical!!!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Leave the plate in the oven or microwave. If the dog can get it, so can flies or mice.
I wouldn`t expect a dog to ignore tasty food when left alone. I know I wouldn`t
It`s pretty much good training for having kids, really. If you don`t want them to fiddle with it, put it away.
None of my dogs have ever gone as far as the kids...one Christmas I padlocked a cupboard with all the christmas stuff (presents, treats) in it. I noticed things disappearing and on further investigation found the screws on the hinges were a bit loose - the little beggars had just been taking the door off the hinges using a screwdriver!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >