View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I don't know what I'm getting for my dogs, last year they got some teddies and some chew's (although Honey knew which teddies were hers, as she picked up her teddy presents in their wrapper and would carry them around the house, leaving the chews there lol), although I'll prolly get them a stocking and some other bits and pieces, and then I've got to get the little pets some christmas things (including a little Xmas tree for the rabbit cage )
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:10 PM
this will be lily's first christmas and my daughter and i are already debating the christmas tree. we normally have a 6 footer in the lounge that we put up on the 1st of december. i'm thinking that as good as lily is, she may find the temptation of a decorated tree too much!

anyway, the dogs will both be getting stockings with new toys, treats etc and as we're going to my sisters for lunch, it will be a long walk in the morning and then a slow (cos i will have overeaten massively!) walk when we return in the afternoon.

then i think the evening will be playtime for all of us with their new toys!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Just don`t put those chocolate decorations on your tree. And tape down any wires (lights).
And don`t leave out wrapped presents. And don`t leave the bag of giblets around.
And did you know a plastic christmas tree is made of plastic-coated wire wound round and round a framework? It unwinds for miles and miles if a determined dog puts his mind to it.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Just don`t put those chocolate decorations on your tree. And tape down any wires (lights).
And don`t leave out wrapped presents. And don`t leave the bag of giblets around.
And did you know a plastic christmas tree is made of plastic-coated wire wound round and round a framework? It unwinds for miles and miles if a determined dog puts his mind to it.
Good advice there! Can't wait to see Dan's face when he sees the tree! Should be hilarious!
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2009, 05:10 PM
I have never read a more amusing and interesting thread than the responses to this one. It shows how so many people love their animals and regard them as family, not just a dog or cat etc.

Our Christmas will be a quiet one as usual. I have no family and my wife does not see her`s ; they are a close family but just do not seem to have get-togethers.

I myself like thousands of others will be tormented by thoughts of last Christmas, when my beloved big GS was with us - he died in late August. Whilst Christmas is a happy time, it is also a sad time of loving memories. A kind of "Absent Friends" occasion, not only animals.

We must and will however make it a nice time with all the trimmings and tree etc. so that our new dog Kaiser will enjoy his first Christmas with us, with presents and a good Christmas dinner.

Keep the posts coming, it makes such good reading and although it is early, I wish every one of you and your pets a Very Happy Christmas.

My dear KAS
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
this is what worries me. i did think of having a smaller tree on a table and then shutting it in the hall when i go to work. i'm caught between my daughter wanting a tree and lily's safety! that may be the answer i reckon!

i did get caught out with the choccy decs one year. i came home to find little tin foil pieces on the floor and one very satisfied lurcher on the sofa! that was the last year i bought them!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
I have never read a more amusing and interesting thread than the responses to this one. It shows how so many people love their animals and regard them as family, not just a dog or cat etc.

Our Christmas will be a quiet one as usual. I have no family and my wife does not see her`s ; they are a close family but just do not seem to have get-togethers.

I myself like thousands of others will be tormented by thoughts of last Christmas, when my beloved big GS was with us - he died in late August. Whilst Christmas is a happy time, it is also a sad time of loving memories. A kind of "Absent Friends" occasion, not only animals.

We must and will however make it a nice time with all the trimmings and tree etc. so that our new dog Kaiser will enjoy his first Christmas with us, with presents and a good Christmas dinner.

Keep the posts coming, it makes such good reading and although it is early, I wish every one of you and your pets a Very Happy Christmas.

My dear KAS
kas was beautiful. you're right with the memories. every year when i bring out the decorations it makes me think of my pets that are no longer here and how they would 'help' with the decorating!

it is a lovely thread and it'll be great to see photos of the day from everyone!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 08:24 AM

My dear KAS

Yes it will also be bitter sweet for us too. We have lost both Loki and Lottie since last Christmas, although we have also welcomed Dandy and Louie into the gang. Loki always loved unwrapping his prezzies! I'm sure it will be a lovely Christmas for the pups though, and the babes we lost will never be forgotten. I will light a candle for them.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 10:11 AM

My dear KAS
Kas was stunning and can see why you miss him so much, it will a bitter sweet Christmas for us too, our first one without Remy, though we only had last Christmas with her the thought of not having her here for this one breaks my heart But it is also Codee's first Christmas and she will be 5mths old then so she will enjoy it immensely!! So definately bittersweet, hope your new boy loves his Christmas though John, sure he will be spoilt rotten
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Honestly, I'm just dreading the reaction to the Christmas tree. I am having visions of my loony Slovak hurling herself at the Christmas tree and causing chaos.
Can you have the video camera at the ready so we can see this?

My two will get a special Christmas dinner as a treat (bit of meat, potato, gravy etc) dand a new toy. That's it!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >