View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:04 AM
thats good to hear he is getting better, hope all goes well at the park today.

i think its a good idea to contact the dog warden, the dog obviously has a history of doing this...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I just read this I am glad to hear Ben is improving. It is natural once the adrenaline has calmed and knowing your dog is alright to start questioning yourself on if you are being too hard on the other dog/owner, but she sounds like a right numpty, if she said that her dog has attacked before then she is a walking dog fight just waiting to happen and next time it might be a kid walking a small dog. Yes, he may have been arescue dog, but with dogs that have had complicated lives and now issues the owner needs to be able to assess what situations are appropriate for her dog.
Anyway enough of my ranting, I am just glad Ben is ok
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I hope Ben is feeling better and that his eye is OK.
That stupid woman should never let her dog off it's lead if she knows it's like that, and a muzzle would be a good idea.

Amber sends Ben a big sloppy doggy kiss.x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Well the cream is definitely doing the trick, the cut is still there but the edges are not nearly as swollen and round. He looks more like he has designer eyebrowns now LOl, you know the ones when people shave a stripe or 2 into their eyebrows!!

Spoke to the dog warden today and have given her as much details as I have ie roughly where they live, descriptions etc. I did also say that I thought in hindsight that there may be reasons BUT that perhaps pointing out how the dog should be handled etc would be a good idea - I mean perhaps noone has told the owner. OH has Ben out at the same park again now so will see what happens there - lets hope they don't meet the collie again
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Aw poor Benbabes. I hope he recovers okay. *hugs*
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 05:33 PM
my poor wee spud, as if he has not had enough to cope with lately,

I think its a good idea to make sure someone talks to this woman, ok the dog has problems, but that shouldnt mean that all other dogs need be a victim,
she needs to be told to keep the dog under control,.
give ben a big hug from me and mine,
you know where I am if you need me, x
Emmalouise1508
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh poor Ben thats absolutely disgraceful that the Collie's owner is so laid-back about it all!! She should keep her dog on a lead if she knows that it is vicious.. the intelligence of some people!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Poor Ben and poor you. Healing vibes from us xxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks everyone - just a wee update for you - he is still sporting a scar above his eye but has been happily playing with Spaniels, Miongrels Westies Labs (and he used to hate Westies and labs - when he was having issues!! ) great danes and Jrts so all is well we hope. OH has seen collie owner again, she seems to have taken to walking round our block, I havn't seen her yet but OH says she just crosses the road.

But at least my wee lad seems to be ok and recovering well.

Thanks again everyone
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Im so glad hes ok, the fact hes still ok with other dogs just shows what a great job you have done with him,
big hugs
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >