Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Dog Guard for Peugeot Partner

We are going to Scotland for a few days and will be taking our 12week old puppy. Going from Yorkshire so it will be a few hours travel.

I don't really want to put him in his crate the entire way so am looking for a dog guard to put up behind the front seats. We have a Peugeot Partner so the back seats fold up to leave a nice big area in the back.

Can anyone with a similar vehicle give me some advice on what guard might be best to use? I think I want a full floor to ceiling one?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 01:13 PM
can i ask why you don't want to crate him??, My four travel quiet happily up to the highlands from Yorkshire in their car dog box, plenty of toilet stops of course
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 01:29 PM
He doesn't mind being in his crate. I just thought it would be nice for him to have more space
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
He doesn't mind being in his crate. I just thought it would be nice for him to have more space
I'd leave him in his crate, if he's happy in it, its also a lot safer if god forbid you were to have an accident, both for you and him
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2009, 02:00 PM
You might look at the restraints that snap into the seatbelts.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I'd definitely crate if you can fit one in your car. A few hours are nothing.

As for dog guards, I just have a bog standard one from Halfords. It is adjustable to fit most vehicles. I think I paid £35.99 for it. No complaints; it is pretty sturdy and fits well.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
You might look at the restraints that snap into the seatbelts.
I'm more inclined to agree with this. My experience with puppies and long distance travel is that they aren't keen if left on their own. If possible I would buy a doggy car harness and let him sit on a cushion on the lap of your passenger. Being in a crate in the back of a car for a long period as a pup could lead to a fear of travelling in the future etc.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 01:55 PM
He's used to travelling in his box for an hour or so at a time anyway, as he comes to work with me quite often.

Trip to Scotland went well, stopped regularly for toileting etc. He just went to sleep most of the way anyway!

I have bought a dog guard anyway but it didn't arrive in time to take it with us (the Next day delivery took 3days!). I got a full height one which is great.